MAYBE it’s just our year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Luck seems to be running rampant. Things that never happen to this team is becoming the norm. The rub of the green if you will has gone our way except for 1 pass against Green Bay.
Winning on the road.
Winning east coast trips.
27 fumbles losing only 3.
Completed passes bouncing out of opponents stomachs and into a waiting Bakers arm.
The Viking kicker missing a chip shot.
A running back not known for his receiving making a spinning one handed catch for a td on a rainy day and a wet football.

Watch the replay of the td pass to Hopkins yesterday. Totally the wrong guy to throw it to. But an absolutely pinpoint perfect pass and catch on 4th and two results in a td. The ball should of went to Conner who was wide open and probably would have scored. But it didn’t matter…Luck.

Lord knows we’ve been on the wrong side of luck for decades. How close at times. The what if’s. The one play. The one bounce. The fg that just went wide against the then Redskins. Even our Super Bowl appearance with a catch in the end zone that we still wonder if his toe was down.

We have a long road yet to travel. From here on out the only game that will really matter is our last game. Hopefully that game will be in February.

But maybe, just maybe luck is finally on our side.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Karma seems to be running rampant. Things that never happen to this team is becoming the norm. The rub of the green if you will has gone our way except for 1 pass against Green Bay.
Winning on the road.
Winning east coast trips.
27 fumbles losing only 3.
Completed passes bouncing out of opponents stomachs and into a waiting Bakers arm.
The Viking kicker missing a chip shot.
A running back not known for his receiving making a spinning one handed catch for a td on a rainy day and a wet football.

Watch the replay of the td pass to Hopkins yesterday. Totally the wrong guy to throw it to. But an absolutely pinpoint perfect pass and catch on 4th and two results in a td. The ball should of went to Conner who was wide open and probably would have scored. But it didn’t matter…Karma.

Lord knows we’ve been on the wrong side of Karma for decades. How close at times. The what if’s. The one play. The one bounce. The fg that just went wide against the then Redskins. Even our Super Bowl appearance with a catch in the end zone that we still wonder if his toe was down.

We have a long road yet to travel. From here on out the only game that will really matter is our last game. Hopefully that game will be in February.

But maybe, just maybe karma is finally on our side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me thinks we will lose in the playoffs.
I honestly don’t believe the team will win a super bowl in my lifetime.
08-09 season was tough. So was that lost in Carolina for the NFC title.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have said…MAYBE it’s just our year!

Kind of mirrors …. MAYBE we’re just better!

Fixed it!

mncardfan1

Reaction score
Great post, and you're right, it just might be.

As a long suffering Cardinal fan, it is so weird to watch these games, especially next to my (mostly) adult kids. Yesterday I was still very worried until we scored our last TD. Even then I found myself looking at the game clock and mentally figuring out ways we could still lose. I think it's because I've seen it all happen before. It has been so rare that we 1) get a big lead and 2) keep it throughout a game. Meanwhile my family is sitting there saying how good we are and how we are dominating and that the game is over. And I'm like, shut-up you're going to jinx it!!

Then later on in the evening they are all giving me crap about being worried and making fun of what I said during the game, etc.. It doesn't bother me because I know they just don't know what I know...you know?

mncardfan

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If you have a good team, karma seems to go your way more often than not, meaning it's more of a product of you just being better than the other team. I have been a Cardinal fan since 1976, and when luck did not go my fandom way, it was probably because the other guys were better past the percentages for me in reality to luck out enough to see my team win. This team is good, so I expect karma or luck to visit us often :raccoon:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets see if murray hop combo can w in poffs but still amazin yr

Im honestly shocked with how well suns and cards are doin

Cp3 and kyler def az sports reps!!

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post, and you're right, it just might be.

As a long suffering Cardinal fan, it is so weird to watch these games, especially next to my (mostly) adult kids. Yesterday I was still very worried until we scored our last TD. Even then I found myself looking at the game clock and mentally figuring out ways we could still lose. I think it's because I've seen it all happen before. It has been so rare that we 1) get a big lead and 2) keep it throughout a game. Meanwhile my family is sitting there saying how good we are and how we are dominating and that the game is over. And I'm like, shut-up you're going to jinx it!!

Then later on in the evening they are all giving me crap about being worried and making fun of what I said during the game, etc.. It doesn't bother me because I know they just don't know what I know...you know?

mncardfan
So true. When we are kicking off I say out loud don’t give up a big return. If we are getting the kickoff I’m saying hold on to the ball and no penalties.
I find myself analyzing everything than can possibly go wrong on every play.

Reaction score
I think you need to change the word ''karma'' to ''luck''. They do have two different meanings. JMHO of course.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need to change the word ''karma'' to ''luck''. They do have two different meanings. JMHO of course.

Change it just for you! Lol