mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh will be more loss than some think amazin chemistry with murray

Who is backup? Look at eartz trade?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Sux for him, but in all reality we knew his season was unfortunately over when seeing the injury. It was pretty gruesome, looking like he tore everything & possibly his knee being dislocated. Ugh.

We’ve got to somehow get a TE who can block in the run game because imo Daniels is poor in both categories.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a dirty play.

No one is really talking about this but I rewatched it’s like 20 times. Kinda seems like he had intent and “speared” intentionally with the helmet.

And then watching Rodney Hudson basically get chop blocked later on in the game they just looked like dirty plays even if they weren’t.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No one is really talking about this but I rewatched it’s like 20 times. Kinda seems like he had intent and “speared” intentionally with the helmet.

And then watching Rodney Hudson basically get chop blocked later on in the game they just looked like dirty plays even if they weren’t.
Niners went for knees on several plays.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Looked clean to me. I've rewatched as well and although the spearing potential looks there... To me, it looked like he made contact with the thigh faintly first. Can't hit high. So now they are taught low and here we are. Knee injuries across the league are up. Pick your poison, I suppose.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Local radio in Portland just reported that he suffered a "devastating" knee injury that could be career ending.

No offense to local Portland radio but how would they know when nobody in the national media knows and the Cardinals haven't released a statement?

This seems like nothing more than they watched the reply, said Oof, and deduced it looks bad.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense to local Portland radio but how would they know when nobody in the national media knows and the Cardinals haven't released a statement?

This seems like nothing more than they watched the reply, said Oof, and deduced it looks bad.
It doesn't take this long to determine if someone's knees needs surgery. It was reported by the Seahawks best reporter, so not some local station. We are considered part of the Seahawks market. The Cardinals have always been tight lipped on reporting.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't take this long to determine if someone's knees needs surgery. It was reported by the Seahawks best reporter, so not some local station. We are considered part of the Seahawks market. The Cardinals have always been tight lipped on reporting.

They often allow swelling to diminish before making a final assessment.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They often allow swelling to diminish before making a final assessment.
Yes, we all understand that. With modern medicine, swelling is reduced in under 24 hours now. Again, it doesn't take this long unless there is excessive damage and the are getting 2nd and 3rd opinion on the extent and path to recovery.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The on-field ACL test is hyper accurate. Like..... 95% of the time accurate. I would be surprised if the organization wasn't fully aware of what was coming when they signed Richard Rodgers to our practice squad.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched is a few times and I honestly think it was dumb luck. He stumbles after an initial hit and a second defender fell into the knee as he stumbled.
Live it looked like the first guy aimed for and hit the left knee (causing a bit of a slow down or stumble) then the second guy aimed low and took out the other knee.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s not unusual for guys to go low. Particularly on TEs and beefy rbs. I mean we had a defender literally hurdled in this game he went so low. Was he dirty? It’s not a dirty play, it’s unfortunately how smaller players tackle bigger ones in the nfl and college.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Live it looked like the first guy aimed for and hit the left knee (causing a bit of a slow down or stumble) then the second guy aimed low and took out the other knee.

There are two angles in the video. Looks like the first defender tried to go below the knees to trip him up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those wondering, the NFL does bot require and injury related news to be published until Wednesday. Cardinals have always been tight lipped on information.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
helmet to knee though. Seems like that should be illegal. Just a gut reaction.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
helmet to knee though. Seems like that should be illegal. Just a gut reaction.

You can't put your body weight on a 230lb QB but you can spear a runner in the knee from the side with your helmet. The modern NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave