Maxx Williams Done For Season, Possibly More

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always take that with a grain of salt. Heard the same if bridgwater and the and the LB from Dallas who went on to be a PBer.... Sure wish him the best and a return if he so chooses!

I hope so! Either way, he's not coming back this year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't want to watch the replay but the defender intentionally wanted to hit hid knee or am i wrong?
He and conner they give everything they can for extra yards, kind of players u love having in your team

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to watch the replay but the defender intentionally wanted to hit hid knee or am i wrong?
He and conner they give everything they can for extra yards, kind of players u love having in your team
I just watched is a few times and I honestly think it was dumb luck. He stumbles after an initial hit and a second defender fell into the knee as he stumbled.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well, the positive news is that his game is not predicated on speed, quickness, or lateral cutting ability.

The only concern I see is bone on bone trauma and if he can continue his power game.

Really though, I just wish this guy the best. Tough as nails, and the fellas seem to really love him. Good luck in your recovery Maxx.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really tragic. Knew it was bad immediately.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I’m guessing the injury was of the combo ACL/PCL variety with substantial meniscus & cartilage surface damage. A fully extended knee usually means ACL and a flexed knee is usually thought to protect those structures. I watched the play which caused his injury; him immediately clutching his knee is the universal sign for “I just popped my ‘Jesus bolt!’”!

I would love to see him make a return, but just watching his injury the prognosis looks effed.

… this is the type of player the organization finds a place for (front office, talking head, scout, PR, whatever).

Get it done MB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've told this story before but many years ago, I guess 95 I was waiting for the results of an MRI on my knee and went to the doctor and was told they couldn't see me because of an emergency. The emergency turned out to be surgery on Steve Young's shoulder, I went to the same group that did the 49ers back then (SOAR). So when I went back a few days later my doctor was apologizing and explained what he'd been doing and I said that's fine, I'm not a 49er fan but I'm a big Steve Young fan and not a problem. He then gave me teh results, needed surgery for then a partial patellar tendon tear. He said it's not a full tear it's not a good injury but certainly not horrible and then proceeded to tell me he'd just come from viewing the MRI's etc on 49er William Floyd's knee and said it's the worst injury any of us have ever seen, devastating likely career ending honestly until we get in there to do it we won't know the extent of it. AFter that surgery they confessed there were points they thought he may actually lose part of the leg because of lost blood flow from the injury. And Floyd made it back and played in the NFL.

I hope Maxx's injury isn't that bad but the way it looked I immediately thought of Floyd.

Hoping for the best for Maxx

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
What a bummer, he was probably the best tight end I can remember on the Cards. He played really well in the run game and caught everything thrown. Also really got along well with the team. They were devasted when he got hurt. I think it affected the play on field after.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off that list the guy I would think would be the best fit is mo Alie-Cox but I don't think he's going to be available he seems to have taken the job from Doyle because of blocking.

With Gronk hurt I just don't see OJ Howard being traded anytime soon.

The Cards need to do something but right now I think the most likely thing is more reps for Rondale and less sets with a TE on the field.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That really sucks for Maxx. He seems like a good dude, and was a lot of fun to watch. In the game this week he basically choke-slammed a DB

He always played hard, blocked hard, and made the most out of every catch and run opportunity. Had he just gone down with a push like some players do...he wouldn't have gotten hurt. He was fighting off tacklers and fighting for extra yards until the end. I hope he returns if he chooses to, but I also hope he is able to rehab, retire, and enjoy life if thats the direction he chooses to go.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That really sucks for Maxx. He seems like a good dude, and was a lot of fun to watch. In the game this week he basically choke-slammed a DB

He always played hard, blocked hard, and made the most out of every catch and run opportunity. Had he just gone down with a push like some players do...he wouldn't have gotten hurt. He was fighting off tacklers and fighting for extra yards until the end. I hope he returns if he chooses to, but I also hope he is able to rehab, retire, and enjoy life if thats the direction he chooses to go.

Amen. Well said.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've told this story before but many years ago, I guess 95 I was waiting for the results of an MRI on my knee and went to the doctor and was told they couldn't see me because of an emergency. The emergency turned out to be surgery on Steve Young's shoulder, I went to the same group that did the 49ers back then (SOAR). So when I went back a few days later my doctor was apologizing and explained what he'd been doing and I said that's fine, I'm not a 49er fan but I'm a big Steve Young fan and not a problem. He then gave me teh results, needed surgery for then a partial patellar tendon tear. He said it's not a full tear it's not a good injury but certainly not horrible and then proceeded to tell me he'd just come from viewing the MRI's etc on 49er William Floyd's knee and said it's the worst injury any of us have ever seen, devastating likely career ending honestly until we get in there to do it we won't know the extent of it. AFter that surgery they confessed there were points they thought he may actually lose part of the leg because of lost blood flow from the injury. And Floyd made it back and played in the NFL.

I hope Maxx's injury isn't that bad but the way it looked I immediately thought of Floyd.

Hoping for the best for Maxx

Holy HIPAA violation, Batman!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave