Mavericks @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-17-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre explains why he got the haircut.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm worried CP3 is injured again, i'm not sure why he was wayy off on some shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm worried CP3 is injured again, i'm not sure why he was wayy off on some shots.

I'm not worried about Paul having an off game shooting at least not yet. When he had problems in the playoffs his passing was way off as well.

Paul had 14 assists last night and 0 turnovers. Porzingis is a big guy to shoot over.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My one concern with CP3 is he’s only taken 2 shots the entire season at the rim so he’s going to have to settle for a lot of jumpers. His 3’s were off but he doesn’t seem to want/can’t get to the basket for any easy buckets.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He was just off last night. 3pt shots are his strong suit at high volume.

Btw CP3 is the definition of a max player (even though he’s not making the max). Shooting the ball that poorly but having 14 assists/0 turnovers in 37 minutes. RAPM data hasn’t been released yet but:
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My one concern with CP3 is he’s only taken 2 shots the entire season at the rim so he’s going to have to settle for a lot of jumpers. His 3’s were off but he doesn’t seem to want/can’t get to the basket for any easy buckets.
I’ll bet if you look at his percentage of baskets at the rim last season it will be very similar to this year. He hasn’t been able to get to the rim for some time. That’s why his midrange game being on is so important.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just smart basketball given his size, age, injury history and mid-range efficiency.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll bet if you look at his percentage of baskets at the rim last season it will be very similar to this year. He hasn’t been able to get to the rim for some time. That’s why his midrange game being on is so important.
That's just smart basketball given his size, age, injury history and mid-range efficiency.

About the only time I have seen Paul go in for a layup is when the defense becomes obsessed with his passing and forgets about him.

This leaves him an open lane to drive to the basket.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cp3 should NEVER go to the rim. That's where contact/injuries happen.
He's got 3 giants in his arsenal to punish the rim. Let the master of the midrange BE the master of the midrange.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hear you. But I think like on the last assist you Ayton when he almost went outta bounds, he puts so much pressure on the defense but I get he’s not gonna be a Ja attacking the rim lol. But regardless, it’s just crazy how he always gets to his spots and he can still impact the game even if he doesn’t score.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the only time I have seen Paul go in for a layup is when the defense becomes obsessed with his passing and forgets about him.

This leaves him an open lane to drive to the basket.
He is doing a little better this season. He finished last at 2.73 and this season he is at 3.71. It sure would be nice in the second half to put teams away or squash any hope of comebacks at the line. I heard Monty say it a few weeks ago that the team wouldn't have to scramble at the ends of game so much.