Matt Kuchar stiffs caddie after he wins Sony Open Golf Tourney for $1.3 million

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by Southpaw, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

The saga of Matt Kuchar allegedly shorting his caddie in Mexico continues in bizarre fashion
    This strange story took yet another weird turn this week

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...addie-in-mexico-continues-in-bizarre-fashion/

The story first broke back in January during Kuchar's Sony Open victory. Kuchar apparently did not pay El Tucan very well during his win at the Mayakoba Classic last fall, where he amassed winnings of $1.3 million. Ortiz was a substitute for the week, and it was first reported that Kuchar only gave him $3,000 for the win.

Kuchar later denied that saying he didn't give him the customary 10 percent earnings on a win but that he also didn't only give him $3,000 either. So we were left to wonder what he gave him between $3,000 and $130,000. Wonder no more, says Bamberger. Kuchar gave Ortiz $5,000 or 0.38 percent of his winnings. Here's Bamberger on Golf.com.

PS Matt Kuchar's career earnings to date = $46 million not including endorsements.

Matt Kuchar defends paying caddie $5K on $1.3M win: I 'don't lose sleep over this'

https://sports.yahoo.com/matt-kuchar-defends-paying-caddie-5k-1-3m-win-dont-lose-sleep-050651144.html

2. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

NICE! now I have reason not to like him. I never find myself rooting for him for whatever reason.

Southpaw likes this.
  3. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

This is a microcosm of everything that's currently wrong with our society.
    Rich people get rich at the expense of poor people but they somehow believe they earn their money in a vacuum.

Southpaw likes this.
  4. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

yes that is truth. I'm sure kuchar is not the only a-hole on the PGA tour. most of them probably are.