Matt Ishbia is the greatest owner EVER in Suns history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw the Booker thread that sparked discussion. Lots of quotes saying he's close, but not yet. In that vein I would go with Jerry Colangelo as the greatest owner, but Matt Ishbia is coming on strong.

Consider in Matt's brief time here:

First day on the job had the guts too swing a trade for arguably one of the gutsiest trades in Suns history.

Let fans welcome KD at the Suns stadium.

Trying to bring free television of the Suns to fans across the valley.

Took on a two time NBA MVP and earned a point for the Suns in a playoff game.

I like this guy's style. I hope he is even more successful than Jerry Colangelo when it is all said and done!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I saw the Booker thread that sparked discussion. Lots of quotes saying he's close, but not yet. In that vein I would go with Jerry Colangelo as the greatest owner, but Matt Ishbia is coming on strong.

First day on the job had the guts too swing a trade for arguably one of the gutsiest trades in Suns history.

I like this guy's style. I hope he is even more successful than Jerry Colangelo when it is all said and done!
If we win a title in the next 2 years, he will have done something nobody has done previously, including JC.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
lol I also liked the flop and the technical free throw he got for Phx in a playoff game - but he's got quite the mountain to climb if he's going to reach Jerry Colangelo, probably needs a chip to do it

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Huh? Are you referring to last nights game? That was embarrassing behavior, not an accolade.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can make an argument for the Booker one. This one is more than a tad premature.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give me a break. Coangelo was basically a great owner for 25 years. Ishbia has barely done anything.

This is a ridiculous trollish thread.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Give me a break. Coangelo was basically a great owner for 25 years. Ishbia has barely done anything.

This is a ridiculous trollish thread.
It was meant as a mirthful lighthearted post. I can tell you I did not mean it trollish. JC is one of my favorite persons on earth. I just can't believe no one has spun this yet to who was the worst owner in Suns history.....

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned today Ishbia played against Udonis Haslam in the 2000 NCAA National Championship game. That's crazy our owner is that young that he played at a fairly high level of basketball vs a current NBA player.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I reserve judgment until the Inevitable happens ...James Jones fired and replaced with Isiah.
I saw that on the sidelines. I thought, well the rumors will be flying now!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I can understand and even agree with the take that it was a bad look on Ishibia to grab the ball and prevent Jokic from taking it. I’m not even sure the league shouldn’t look into that behavior, as much as they looked into the Joker’s “shove” of Ishbia.
I wonder if it wasn’t the owner, but some ordinary fan who had grabbed and held onto the ball, if the ordinary fan wouldn’t been dealt with in some sort of way?
Matt was wrong for what he did… and of course, Jokic was wrong for “pushing” Matt…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand and even agree with the take that it was a bad look on Ishibia to grab the ball and prevent Jokic from taking it. I’m not even sure the league shouldn’t look into that behavior, as much as they looked into the Joker’s “shove” of Ishbia.
I wonder if it wasn’t the owner, but some ordinary fan who had grabbed and held onto the ball, if the ordinary fan wouldn’t been dealt with in some sort of way?
Matt was wrong for what he did… and of course, Jokic was wrong for “pushing” Matt…

Matt did nothing wrong, at all. He caught a ball that landed in his lap and responded in a normal human manner. I think you need to watch the replay or something because I can't see any reason to say he did anything out of the ordinary. He didn't hold the ball in a way that denied anyone from taking it. He's a former player, he held in a manner almost anyone who has played basketball would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose