Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Masterminds

Release date: September 30, 2016
Studio: Relativity Media
Director: Jared Hess
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for crude and sexual humor, some language and violence)
Screenwriters: Chris Bowman, Hubbel Palmer, Emily Spivey
Genre: Comedy, Action
Websites: Facebook| Twitter| http://instagram.com/mastermindsmovie| http://mastermindsmovie.tumblr.com

Starring: Zach Galifianakis, Owen Wilson, Kristen Wiig, Ken Marino, Jason Sudeikis, Devin Ratray, Jon Daly, Mary Elizabeth Ellis, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones

Plot Summary: In this action comedy based on true events, directed by Jared Hess ("Napoleon Dynamite," "Nacho Libre"), David Ghantt (Zach Galifianakis) discovers the true meaning of adventure far beyond his wildest dreams. He is an uncomplicated man stuck in a monotonous life. Day in and day out he drives an armored vehicle, transporting millions of other people’s money with no escape in sight. The only glimmer of excitement is his flirtatious work crush Kelly Campbell (Kristen Wiig) who soon lures him into the scheme of a lifetime.

Along with a group of half-brained criminals led by Steve Chambers (Owen Wilson) and an absurdly faulted heist plan, David manages the impossible and makes off with $17 million in cash…only problem is he foolishly hands the money over to this wild group of double crossers and has been set up to take the fall. With the bandits blowing the millions on lavish and ridiculous luxuries, they leave behind a glaring trail of evidence. Now on the lam and in over his head, David must dodge the authorities, evade a hilarious hit man, Mike McKinney (Jason Sudeikis), and try to turn the tables on the ones he trusted most.

You must be registered for see images attach

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife and I loved this, it was very funny

Not the greatest movie in the world, but very enjoyable if you are just looking for a few laughs.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I had zero high expectations for this movie but it was frickin hilarious. I adore Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon so their scenes together had me rolling. Galifinakas actually brought a human touch to his character, despite the oddball-ness. His haircut had me dying, lol.

Anyway, this movie is crazy stupid but it was incredibly entertaining.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Oh man, I had zero high expectations for this movie but it was frickin hilarious. I adore Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon so their scenes together had me rolling. Galifinakas actually brought a human touch to his character, despite the oddball-ness. His haircut had me dying, lol.

Anyway, this movie is crazy stupid but it was incredibly entertaining.
I'm a huge Kristen Wiig fan as well. And you're right, this movie was crazy crazy stupid.

The reason the poster says summer 2015 is because Relativity Media filed for bankruptcy, which delayed the film one year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson