MasterChef Junior

AZZenny

Reaction score
So, confession: I'm pretty much a competitive cooking-show addict - MasterChef, Iron Chef America, Chopped, Top Chef and variations... but I thought the idea of putting young kids, age 8-13, in the MasterChef format was ridiculous. But I watched, and to my surprise, I like it much better than the adult version.

I consider myself a solid home cook, and a pretty good baker and dessert-cook -- well, I'm now totally humbled by 9-year-olds who can cook and bake freaking circles around me. The 13-year-old made perfect french macaroons! In an HOUR! Do you have any idea how hard those are?

The energy, humor, spunk, and straightforwardness of the kids is refreshing and delightful. They're plotting to win, no question, but the narcissism and arrogance you often see in the adult chef programs isn't there.

I'm rooting for Jack -- although Alexander, the 13-year-old, is going to be very hard to beat.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look up Masterchef UK ASAP. It is on BBC America. Blows this stuff out of the water. And no product placement for Walmart to be found.