Mason Rudolph Highlight Video

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
I know a lot of so called experts have said that he has a lot of holes in his game and not such a strong arm. In 2017 he threw for over 4,900 yards, 37 TD's and only 9 Ints. He can make all of the throws! Take a look at the video (below). I don't see the holes that they are talking about. He could end up being just as good if not better than the 5 QB's rated ahead of him. I would not be disappointed if we moved up to the bottom of the first round to draft him and get that 5th year under control of the Cardinals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know a lot of so called experts have said that he has a lot of holes in his game and not such a strong arm. In 2017 he threw for over 4,900 yards, 37 TD's and only 9 Ints. He can make all of the throws! Take a look at the video (below). I don't see the holes that they are talking about. He could end up being just as good if not better than the 5 QB's rated ahead of him. I would not be disappointed if we moved up to the bottom of the first round to draft him and get that 5th year under control of the Cardinals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I just mentioned him in the Jet's post about moving up in the draft. I am warming up to the guy. Not because we have a better chance of selecting him but because he just might be what a franchise is looking for

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I like him and think he will be available.... Did we send anyone to his pro day?
A friend of mine was there and said every team was there, some even had 4-6 reps apiece there. He thought Cards had 2 or 3, he wasn't sure. He KILLED it in his work out from reports and he even said so himself lol! He's going 1st round easy. He's confident, super smart and a leader. I've never missed a game he played in at Oklahoma State so I'm biased. His numbers are off the charts. Wouldn't mind getting Washington, Ateman or Lacy his teammates later in draft. Gut feeling is he's gone before #15

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A friend of mine was there and said every team was there, some even had 4-6 reps apiece there. He thought Cards had 2 or 3, he wasn't sure. He KILLED it in his work out from reports and he even said so himself lol! He's going 1st round easy. He's confident, super smart and a leader. I've never missed a game he played in at Oklahoma State so I'm biased. His numbers are off the charts. Wouldn't mind getting Washington, Ateman or Lacy his teammates later in draft. Gut feeling is he's gone before #15

I think 'bias' is being kind, you have an obsession with your university and I do not see him going first round easy, but he really might be a franchise QB and if the Cardinals believe he is, take him... oh, by the way, "Hook 'em Horns" :rockon:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Mayfield is soooooooo much better than Rudolph...

***Ducks****

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I think 'bias' is being kind, you have an obsession with your university and I do not see him going first round easy, but he really might be a franchise QB and if the Cardinals believe he is, take him... oh, by the way, "Hook 'em Horns" :rockon:
They've had a good run against the horns...:whip:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I've watched several of his games and I was impressed with him. If we can't trade up and get Mayfield I wouldn't mind us getting him at 15.

Reaction score
I liked him early on as well. I think I've stated a couple of times that I thought he was better than Mayfield in the game they played against each other. Mayfield seemed spastic at times while Rudolph was calm, cool, & collective. I didn't watch the whole game. Just the first half & bits & pieces of the rest.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the video. He has nice strong arm. I think Cards QB Coach Leftwich went to his pro day

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mayfield really is the jewel of this draft his numbers and poise are better than D R A.
I can't believe D could go as #1 he's not that good

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Il
I've watched several of his games and I was impressed with him. If we can't trade up and get Mayfield I wouldn't mind us getting him at 15.

I've looked at a lot of mock drafts and I've only seen a couple that have going in the first round, much less top 15.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I looked at several draft sites and Mason Rudolph is ranked last of the top 6 QBs except for CBS-which has Rudolph as the TOP QB.
NFL.com ranks Rudolph 6th.
Walter football 6th
GreatBlueNorth 6th
Ourlads 4th
CBS 1st

Darnold ranked 1st Walter football,NFL.com,2nd GBN ,3rd Ourlads,4th CBS
Rosen ranked 1st Great blueNorth,2nd Walterfootball,OUrlads,NFL.com, 3rd CBS
Mayfield ranked 1st Ourlads,3rd NFL.com,4th Walter Football,GBN, 5th CBS

Josh Allen 3rd GBN,3rd Walterfootball,4th NFL.com,5th Ourlads,6th CBS
Jackson 2nd CBS,5th GBN,NFL.com,Walterfootball, 6th Ourlads

NFL>com QB ratings
Darnold 7.00
Rosen 6.19
Mayfield 6.03
Allen 6.01
Jackson 5.95
Rudolph 5.66

Luke Falk 5.64
Mike White 5.60
Kyle Lauletta 5.19
Riley Ferguson 5.15
Kurt Benkurt 5.10

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been on the Rudolph train for a while. There's no clear #1 QB in this draft, but Rudolph or Jackson should be there #15. I just don't think the Cards are the type of franchise to trade up to #1 or #2. But, I do think it'll be a huge mistake to miss out on one of these six QBs.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm on the Rudolph train. I think he could. Be as good as Ryan right out the gate. Darnold will be this generations Rick Mirer