Masks

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by WaywardFan, Jul 12, 2020.

1. WaywardFan

WaywardFan Waywardier than before Contributor

Hey.
    I have a few of the cheap medical-looking masks but they aren't built to last. I purchased a black mask as well. it's rather substantial, in that it's actually rather heavy and difficult to breathe through.

I'd like to find some alternatives, but it seems that so many of the online offerings are either complete frauds or horrible quality. I wanted to ask if anyone here has had luck finding light, comfortable, and breathable masks online that I (and anyone else here) could also look into.

Thank you in advance.

-Sean

2. thirty-two

thirty-two boglehead Contributor

I have purchased throwaway masks on amazon but they are just okay. As for cloth masks, I prefer the one with a filter pocket. I got mine from casetify https://www.casetify.com/protects/mask I like these a lot because they don’t tug on the ears and I find them comfortable. I think they are breathable, but some may not like the extra material. I also purchased the extra filters on Amazon.

3. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

I bought mine from an Etsy shop that is (purely coincidentally) located here in my new hometown of Longmont, CO. It is VERY well-made. I have no trouble breathing with it on, but it is a bit heavy, so I'm not sure if it will be any better/worse than what you have.

Here is the link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/793810327/reusable-facemask-with-ties-and-filter?ref=shop_home_active_2

$15/each isn't a steal, but I have washed this many times and it's still in perfect condition. It also has a pocket for a filter, if you want to use it.

4. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

We have everything from Mission gaiters to double-cloth custom fabric masks to a couple of fancy custom designs from a performer/artist friend of ours. We actually have a rather nice collection going.