Married With Children (animated, with original cast)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Married w children was on tv the other day, I thought oh cool lets get some nostalgia....

its terrible watching it now. No thx.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Married w children was on tv the other day, I thought oh cool lets get some nostalgia....

its terrible watching it now. No thx.

Haha. I've thought about rewatching this show over the years. I watched it every night for a stretch there in the 90s.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved this show when it started in large part due to the presence of David Garrison (Marcy's husband at the time).

Garrison had co-starred in a cancelled way-too-quickly comedy with Jason Bateman called It's Your Move so his name attached drew us to the show. And then to have him replaced by one of the most boring actors on TV (Ted McGinley), well, that was just too much. So, if they bring back the original setup/cast, we're in. If not, we're not.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved this show when it started in large part due to the presence of David Garrison (Marcy's husband at the time).

Garrison had co-starred in a cancelled way-too-quickly comedy with Jason Bateman called It's Your Move so his name attached drew us to the show. And then to have him replaced by one of the most boring actors on TV (Ted McGinley), well, that was just too much. So, if they bring back the original setup/cast, we're in. If not, we're not.
Garrison left the show after four years because he wanted to do more live theater. He left on good terms and returned a few times over the rest of the run of the show.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrison left the show after four years because he wanted to do more live theater. He left on good terms and returned a few times over the rest of the run of the show.
Yeah I knew that but still, the show wasn't the same for us. I didn't see any of the later episodes that he guest starred in although I knew it happened.

I just thought the interplay between the two couples, between the two men, and between the two women in addition to the Al vs Marcy dynamic really made the show. With him gone the tone of the show really started to change IMO. Maybe it would have happened anyway but I prefer blaming it on the curse of Ted McGinley.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I loved It's Your Move. I was very close in age to the younger Bateman and was dealing with mixed family stuff in my own life at the time. The dynamic between he and Garrison was so great.