Marion apprecitation thread

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I've had my issues with Shawn over the years, mostly having to do with his attitude, but I'll always like the guy, and I wish him the best in Miami and for the rest of his career. Deep down I wanted him to be a Sun for life, and retire here, but it doesn't work that way anymore. I hope to see him in the Ring of Honor someday.

Good luck Shawn!!

(Shaq better pass the physical, or this post will look dumb tomorrow.)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shawn,

Thanks for all the memories. At least I got to watch your last game as a Sun in person. You played your ass off last night and even got the end of the half bank shot 3.

You really should have walked over and talked to Joe Johnson after his last game here about how fun it is to "be the man".

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'll miss you Marion. I hope one day to have a ticket to the day the unveil your spot in the Ring of Honor. I hoped to never have to turn on my TV and see you wearing anything other than Purple and Orange.

EDIT: ^^^ Good point, I was at the game last night too. Im glad I got to see that awesome floating 3 he made. Christ, I feel like I'm going to cry over an NBA trade. I thought I was a grown up now.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I've had my issues with Shawn over the years, mostly having to do with his attitude, but I'll always like the guy, and I wish him the best in Miami and for the rest of his career. Deep down I wanted him to be a Sun for life, and retire here, but it doesn't work that way anymore. I hope to see him in the Ring of Honor someday.

Good luck Shawn!!

(Shaq better pass the physical, or this post will look dumb tomorrow.)

You beat me to it! :D

Regardless of how you feel about Marion today, I hope each and every one of you Suns fans can appreciate what he's done for this organization over the last 8-9 years or so. The guy is a shoe-in of the Ring of Honor, and certainly deservedly so. The guy showed great promise his rookie year, and he's lived up to that. I will miss him greatly, and continue to appreciate his game wherever he plays.

All the best Shawn, you've got nothing but love from me.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Definately going to miss him, especially his enthusiastic play and hard nosed defense. Have fun in Miami Marion, don't let the club life down there affect your game :p

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I've been afraid for years of this moment to happen.

I'm just sad to see Shawn Marion leave the Suns and don't know what else to write (sadly looking at my PHX No 31 jersey).

:(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really appreciate all you did here Marion your offense, and defense was fun to watch :) still can't believe hes gone..... Wish you all the best luck in Miami

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shawn will go somewhere & hopefully get the appreciation he wants & deserves.
Thanks for the high flying acrobatics & all-out hustle you've brought to us over the years. I'm gonna miss that bizzarre looking jump shot too.
Best of Luck & we'll always appreciate you here in PHX.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite players. One of the best player to ever wear a Suns uni. It didn't matter who he played with, be it Kidd, Marbs or Nash; Marion could always be counted on on both ends of the floor.

This thread may be a bit premature, but if he does end up in Miami this year, he will have fun playing with Wade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Shawn was my favorite player as early as the Jason Kidd days, but the last couple years he's been frustrating. I'm nervous about this particular trade, but the writing was on the wall when he complained last summer. And does anyone really believe he will be as good in Miami as he was here? I certainly don't. After all, he'll have Jason freaking Williams passing to him and not Steve Nash.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion haters can say what they want but Shawn Marion was one of the best players to ever wear a Suns uniform. That guy had some of the most amazing dunks I have ever seen bar none from a Suns player.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's too bad he couldn't finish the season. IIRC, he was close to setting franchise records for a few stats, including rebounds and blocks. It would have been nice to see him get those.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew Shawn would be a star, AS SOON as we drafted him.

You will be in the ring of honor. Good luck to you wherever you play.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
I was a Marion hater, or at least skeptical two years ago, but the more games I watched over the last two seasons, the more I appreciated his effort. He was the soul of the Suns stlye with his hustle, rebounding and athletic skills.

Sure he complained a lot in the media, but on the court he gave everything he had every night - yep, he is not good in the half court offense, but he is the ultimate role player and I just cant imagine the Suns without Shawn, I will miss him.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion should play very well with Wade.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Good luck in Miami and you will still be one of my favorite players.

Last edited:

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One of my all time faves, as a sun and overall.

Will still enjoy watching him play for what ever team he ends up in.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RoomStore stock just plummeted on the news.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Marion.. I appriciate you finally accepting a trade (though I wish you would have accepted a trade to Minnesota), but thanks for finally agreeing! :D

and thanks for playing for the suns for 8 years... and dunking a lot

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson