Marcus Gilbert Retires

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the guy played a decade in the NFL and is married to former Miss Ohio who is now an attorney and famous political commentator. if thats an absolute loser then what are we lol?

his option was retire or "opt out" because of covid and make 300k for basically retiring. he's just a human doing human things
Exactly, he isn't accountable to anyone on this forum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the guy played a decade in the NFL and is married to former Miss Ohio who is now an attorney and famous political commentator. if thats an absolute loser then what are we lol?

his option was retire or "opt out" because of covid and make 300k for basically retiring. he's just a human doing human things

I don’t think he’s an absolute loser. But I do think his decision to sit out for covid, collect another 300K and then retire is kinda shady.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
These guys (like Suggs and others) basically retire without telling anyone and spend their last year under the beautiful AZ sun collecting a paycheck for doing nothing. Our team here in AZ is like a retirement center. It's where every washed up player wants to "play" when they're done. So frustrating.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So frustrating. But what would you do in his place? Probably the same thing.

I was thinking (in the back of my mind) that he may win the RT job if he's healthy.

I repeat...... So frustrating.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So frustrating. But what would you do in his place? Probably the same thing.

I was thinking (in the back of my mind) that he may win the RT job if he's healthy.

I repeat...... So frustrating.

come on Dr. Jones. You're too knowledgeable of a football fan than to be Charlie Brown to Gilbert's Lucy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did 98.7 already come out and say how "Gilbert misled the cardinals and how they did not think he was a leader and they were prepared for this". ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
come on Dr. Jones. You're too knowledgeable of a football fan than to be Charlie Brown to Gilbert's Lucy.
Ha! The deep dark recesses of my brain. "In the places I don't like to talk about". #MovieQuote

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I guess we know why Larry hasn't announced his retirement yet...Didn't want to take away from Gilbert. Game respects game.

Almost wrote that with a straight face....almost.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave