Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a Mayweather fight

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
More than a couple of years late and regardless of the outcome (should the fight actually take place), we'll always be left wondering what it would've been like had these two fought in their prime.

Regardless, if they can actually put it together it will always be a record-setting event in terms of money... and while I am very skeptical about how exciting it will be, I'll watch... ;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More than a couple of years late and regardless of the outcome (should the fight actually take place), we'll always be left wondering what it would've been like had these two fought in their prime.

Regardless, if they can actually put it together it will always be a record-setting event in terms of money... and while I am very skeptical about how exciting it will be, I'll watch... ;)

+1. 3+ years too late.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably 5 years too late unfortunately. My guess is Mayweather wins easily, manny has been fading for several years now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably 5 years too late unfortunately. My guess is Mayweather wins easily, manny has been fading for several years now.

Yep. Mayweather winning 8 or 9 of the 12 round decision.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Mayweather winning 8 or 9 of the 12 round decision.

Manny's just not nearly as fast as he used to be, Mayweather is much quicker now. 5 years ago it would have been interesting, mayweather was still quicker, but Manny was a better puncher, landed more big shots. I don't think he will now, in fact I think he'll get knocked out.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manny's just not nearly as fast as he used to be, Mayweather is much quicker now. 5 years ago it would have been interesting, mayweather was still quicker, but Manny was a better puncher, landed more big shots. I don't think he will now, in fact I think he'll get knocked out.

I'd be shocked if Mayweather knocks him out.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Not a chance for a Mayweather knockout... Mayweather hasn't knocked out anyone in forever... That isn't his style and if Manny is the more aggressive fighter - which he should be based on their styles - Mayweather will simply do what he's done for most of his fighter, which is use his amazing defense to deflect and avoid Manny's shots, and the expertly counter as he's moving. He won't be in front of Manny all that much. And even if he was, he doesn't have style and doesn't have the power any longer to do what Marquez did.
I think Mayweather will win, but it won't be via a knockout. In fact, I can even see Manny winning a few early rounds as Mayweather lets Manny flail away, tiring himself out and getting caught by Mayweather's counter punches. And around about the 5th round or so, I don't see Manny winning another round after that - unless Mayweather lets him win the 12th because he's so far ahead...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Mayweather knocks him out.

My guess is Manny has wanted this fight for so long he's going to get frustrated by Mayweathers speed, try to knock him out, and wind up getting caught himself.

Mayweather isn't a power puncher but Manny has gotten hit often in recent fights.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a chance for a Mayweather knockout... Mayweather hasn't knocked out anyone in forever... That isn't his style and if Manny is the more aggressive fighter - which he should be based on their styles - Mayweather will simply do what he's done for most of his fighter, which is use his amazing defense to deflect and avoid Manny's shots, and the expertly counter as he's moving. He won't be in front of Manny all that much. And even if he was, he doesn't have style and doesn't have the power any longer to do what Marquez did.
I think Mayweather will win, but it won't be via a knockout. In fact, I can even see Manny winning a few early rounds as Mayweather lets Manny flail away, tiring himself out and getting caught by Mayweather's counter punches. And around about the 5th round or so, I don't see Manny winning another round after that - unless Mayweather lets him win the 12th because he's so far ahead...

I guess it depends on weight too, both guys have been fighting up to get better competition.

You're right it's been nearly 4 years since Mayweather had a KO. I just get the impression Manny is going to realize he can't just land more punches like he used to, and go for the KO and make a mistake.

I would love for Manny to win, just think he's lost quite a bit the last few years, more than Mayweather has.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I guess it depends on weight too, both guys have been fighting up to get better competition.

You're right it's been nearly 4 years since Mayweather had a KO. I just get the impression Manny is going to realize he can't just land more punches like he used to, and go for the KO and make a mistake.

I would love for Manny to win, just think he's lost quite a bit the last few years, more than Mayweather has.

Agreed.... Manny's only hope is that Mayweather experiences some type of "out of the gym" type issue that causes him to lose focus and attention to training. If Mayweather comes into the fight less prepared than his normal preparation (highly unlikely), Manny could out-last him and win in a decision... But I just don't see that happening. I think both fighters will come into the fight in excellent condition. And in that scenario, Mayweather going away...

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big boxing guy, but this will be a much watch for me. On the flip side, I have becoming a UFC fan. Quite entertaining because of all the different types of martial arts, etc that's involved.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Seems about right. I can't see how Manny wins this one. I personally think Khan would have been a harder fight for Floyd.

Mayweather would've dominated Khan and maybe even knocked him out or at least win by TKO... Khan is way too easy to hit and is way too predictable. He'd fall right into Mayweather's traps as easily as all the rest have.

Now, Manny might do the same. However, as a southpaw with incredibly quick hands and maybe more importantly, quick feet, he can move side to side in ways Floyd hasn't ever seen from a lefty before.
I still think Floyd wins by a decision, but I can see Manny giving Floyd the toughest, roughest fight he's ever been in. Maybe Manny even rocks Floyd once or twice! But in the end, Floyd is just too good, too fast and too smart...

I have read that both fighters have trained like they've never trained before... which is saying something as they both have always been in tremendous shape for all of their fights. So we should get the absolute best each can offer...

Should be a great fight. Manny won't have it any other way. He's gonna pursue and pressure Floyd all night. He'll get tagged for doing so as Floyd is such an amazing sharp shooting counter puncher. But it should create some exciting exchanges...

I'd like to see Manny pull it off... But, if I were to put $$ down on this one, I'd take Floyd in a decision... close and maybe even a split decision, but Floyd will pull it out in the end.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mayweather would've dominated Khan and maybe even knocked him out or at least win by TKO... Khan is way too easy to hit and is way too predictable. He'd fall right into Mayweather's traps as easily as all the rest have.

Now, Manny might do the same. However, as a southpaw with incredibly quick hands and maybe more importantly, quick feet, he can move side to side in ways Floyd hasn't ever seen from a lefty before.
I still think Floyd wins by a decision, but I can see Manny giving Floyd the toughest, roughest fight he's ever been in. Maybe Manny even rocks Floyd once or twice! But in the end, Floyd is just too good, too fast and too smart...

I have read that both fighters have trained like they've never trained before... which is saying something as they both have always been in tremendous shape for all of their fights. So we should get the absolute best each can offer...

Should be a great fight. Manny won't have it any other way. He's gonna pursue and pressure Floyd all night. He'll get tagged for doing so as Floyd is such an amazing sharp shooting counter puncher. But it should create some exciting exchanges...

I'd like to see Manny pull it off... But, if I were to put $$ down on this one, I'd take Floyd in a decision... close and maybe even a split decision, but Floyd will pull it out in the end.

We shall see. I think age has caught up with Pacquiao more than it has with Mayweather. He won't be as quick and strong as he used to be.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We shall see. I think age has caught up with Pacquiao more than it has with Mayweather. He won't be as quick and strong as he used to be.

Like I said, I see Floyd winning... And, though he bounced back very well from the knockout by Marquez, that knockout was stunning nonetheless and probably illustrates how Manny's age is more of a factor than it is for Floyd...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I see Floyd winning... And, though he bounced back very well from the knockout by Marquez, that knockout was stunning nonetheless and probably illustrates how Manny's age is more of a factor than it is for Floyd...

Curse them both for waiting this long.....

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time does the fight start our time? Not just the Main Event, but the pre?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sooo my dad took me to bww and bought tickets to see the fight at the bar. $ 25 per person to see the fight at bww but I'm excited!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson