DCU: Man of Steel

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Shannon is going to be a bad ass Zod.

Yeah, I thought Shannon was bad ass indeed.

Fight scenes that were WAY too long.

I couldn't agree more. This is pretty much the case with all action movies these days.

Just watched this again for the first time since the theaters and I was struck by how much I liked the first half and was just so turned off by the last 45 minutes of action where an entire city was destroyed. Spectacle wise it was impressive, but the idea of "He saved us!" when Superman is basically standing in the middle of a ruin just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Definitely. The backstory was fantastic. I started to lose interest after that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Just watched this for the first time since it was out in theatres and forgot how good it was. Shame they couldn’t build off it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched this for the first time since it was out in theatres and forgot how good it was. Shame they couldn’t build off it.

Only half was good the other half felt like a completely different director/writer. We know now that is what Snyder does.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Only half was good the other half felt like a completely different director/writer. We know now that is what Snyder does.

Well that was expected when you have to fit his creation/upbringing with an epic finale in one film. There was definitely some overkill Snyder gloom but Cavill is pretty boring tbh. Wasn’t David Boreanaz the other finalist? He would’ve added some personality.