Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Malignant

Release Date: September 10, 2021
Studio: Atomic Monster
Director: James Wan
MPAA Rating: R for strong horror violence and gruesome images, and for language
Screenwriter: James Wan(story by), Ingrid Bisu(story by), Akela Cooper(story by)
Genre: Action | Crime | Horror

Starring: Annabelle Wallis, Maddie Hasson, George Young, Michole Briana White, Jean Louisa Kelly, Susanna Thompson

Plot Summary: Madison is paralyzed by shocking visions of grisly murders, and her torment worsens as she discovers that these waking dreams are in fact terrifying realities.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pure and unadulterated bonkersness. having never seen a James Wan horror movie, but knowing that the Conjuring franchise is held in high regard by horror-nuts, I a REAL hard time figuring out what the hell the tone was going for until about the 90 minute mark... then it all made sense.

Loved it. movie knew exactly what it was and didn't just lean in as the movie went on, but jumped and totally went off the deep end.

don't read reviews before seeing.

also, watched a really good slow-burn pseudo-early 60's western this weekend - LET HIM GO. Costner and Diane Lane do great work and it's a methodical movie that takes it's time before it really wallops a punch, but is a smooth and interesting character ride getting there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
pure and unadulterated bonkersness. having never seen a James Wan horror movie, but knowing that the Conjuring franchise is held in high regard by horror-nuts, I a REAL hard time figuring out what the hell the tone was going for until about the 90 minute mark... then it all made sense.

Loved it. movie knew exactly what it was and didn't just lean in as the movie went on, but jumped and totally went off the deep end.

also, watched a really good slow-burn pseudo-early 60's western this weekend - LET HIM GO. Costner and Diane Lane do great work and it's a methodical movie that takes it's time before it really wallops a punch, but is a smooth and interesting character ride getting there.
I tried watching it and I couldn't get my head wrapped around what was going on.

I loved Insidious. Probably one of my favorite horror movies over the past decade (Hereditary is the best horror movie of the 21st century).

I'll give it another go, I stopped after about 30 mins in because I wasn't paying enough attention to get it. The same thing happened to me when I was watching Tenet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried watching it and I couldn't get my head wrapped around what was going on.

I loved Insidious. Probably one of my favorite horror movies over the past decade (Hereditary is the best horror movie of the 21st century).

I'll give it another go, I stopped after about 30 mins in because I wasn't paying enough attention to get it. The same thing happened to me when I was watching Tenet.
You have to keep going. Trust me. I had same problem with both of those movies actually. Tenet I’ve never REALLY gotten my head around. I mean, I understand what happened but it still makes almost zero sense to me.

with Malignant, you will DEFINITELY know what’s going on when you reach the moment. And when you do, it’s freaking ridiculous... in the best way depending on your taste in movies.

i haven’t seen Insiduous but agree on Hereditary. This is NOT Hereditary nor is it trying to be. Just try snd watch it knowing the intent was to make a high grade 80’s B movie with a CAPITAL B.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You have to keep going. Trust me. I had same problem with both of those movies actually. Tenet I’ve never REALLY gotten my head around. I mean, I understand what happened but it still makes almost zero sense to me.

with Malignant, you will DEFINITELY know what’s going on when you reach the moment. And when you do, it’s freaking ridiculous... in the best way depending on your taste in movies.

i haven’t seen Insiduous but agree on Hereditary. This is NOT Hereditary nor is it trying to be. Just try snd watch it knowing the intent was to make a high grade 80’s B movie with a CAPITAL B.
Finished it.

Yeah it is totally ridiculous, but strangely enjoyable. The third act is just....wow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished it.

Yeah it is totally ridiculous, but strangely enjoyable. The third act is just....wow.

right? Worth the “what exactly am I watching” feeling once you get to the turn. Then it just goes right past ludicrous speed to plaid.

glad you enjoyed it. If you ever figure out WTF is happening in the last act of Tenet be a pal and return the favor. I’ve watched the whole movie multiple times and that third act at least four times and still don’t think it makes a lick of sense.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Wait, have you not seen Saw?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting to see this with my daughter. She is a big horror fan and wants to see this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We watched this. I called it pretty closely pretty early on. I was entertained throughout. Wasn’t scary enough for my girl.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave