Malcolm X

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just got this from the library. I can't wait to watch it (after I watch the paint dry on Sactown's garage door).

Amazon:
Plot Summary

Genres: Biography, Drama
Plot Outline The biopic of the controversial and influential Black Nationalist leader.
Plot Synopsis: Biography of Malcolm X, the famous African American leader. Born Malcolm Little, his father (a minister) was killed by the Ku Klux Klan. He became a gangster, and while in jail discovered the Nation of Islam writings of Elijah Muhammad. He preaches the teachings when let out of jail, but later on goes on a pilgrimage to the city of Mecca, there he converts to the original Islamic religion and becomes a Sunni Muslim. He changes his name to El-Hajj Malik Al-Shabazz and stops his anti-white teachings, as he realises the error of his mistakes. He is later on assasinated and dies a Muslim Martyr.

Actors: Denzel Washington, Angela Bassett, Albert Hall, Al Freeman Jr., Delroy Lindo, See more
Directors: Spike Lee

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the MX biography and it was great. I have meant to see this movie for some time, but have not.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Wow. I just watched it. The movie was amazing. I wish that it had spent more time on his relationship with Muhammad Ali. I saw them shaking hands for a second, but that was it. I just spent an hour or two reading about Malcolm X. What an amazing person.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic film. Very long at 201 minutes, but very well told.

I havent been disappointed by a Spike Lee film yet.