Making Of A Murderer (Netflix)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching this ten episode documentary on Netflix? It's freaking FANTASTIC. I don't even want to give away what exactly it is, but if you want to watch something brutal, dark and twisted about murder, cops, corruption, family... this is the thing to binge on. I've got two episodes left and don't want to finish it because I'm terrified of how it could end and it's gonna be beyond brutal.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Anyone watching this ten episode documentary on Netflix? It's freaking FANTASTIC. I don't even want to give away what exactly it is, but if you want to watch something brutal, dark and twisted about murder, cops, corruption, family... this is the thing to binge on. I've got two episodes left and don't want to finish it because I'm terrified of how it could end and it's gonna be beyond brutal.

I'm in the process of watching it now. Breathtaking.

Highly recommended.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 people have brought it up randomly today raving about it. never heard about it until this morning.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it and hated it all at the same time, but in a good way.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
5 episodes in. Seems like there was a lot of missteps by the prosecution and police that seems to violate constitutional rights. I'm not sure about Wisconsin, but aren't police in Arizona prohibited from interrogating a suspect until a parent is present?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that. Why all of a sudden is she saying this after the show has come out. Everything seems so fishy with his trial.

I am on episode 4 I think. Its great!

wait till you get to the end and you'll probably see why she changed her mind.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my friends was telling me about this series. He said it is one of the best ones yet. Is it that good?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A little added twist.

http://www.ibtimes.com/making-murde...r-officer-believes-notorious-2276956?rel=rel1

Also check this out. Found it on the Steven Avery Wikipedia page.

In January 2016, People reported on the makeup of the trial's jury, revealing that one of the jurors in Avery's trial was the father of a Manitowoc County Sheriff's deputy, and another juror's wife was a Manitowoc County clerk.[18] Juror Richard Mahler, who was excused from the trial after the jury had begun deliberations due to a family emergency, later commented on the trial and verdict. He stated that, in an early vote, seven of the jurors voted not guilty, and he was mystified as to how the jury eventually agreed on a guilty verdict.[18] Another juror told the filmmakers of Making a Murderer that they felt intimidated into returning a guilty verdict, as they feared for their safety.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
A little added twist.

http://www.ibtimes.com/making-murde...r-officer-believes-notorious-2276956?rel=rel1

Also check this out. Found it on the Steven Avery Wikipedia page.

In January 2016, People reported on the makeup of the trial's jury, revealing that one of the jurors in Avery's trial was the father of a Manitowoc County Sheriff's deputy, and another juror's wife was a Manitowoc County clerk.[18] Juror Richard Mahler, who was excused from the trial after the jury had begun deliberations due to a family emergency, later commented on the trial and verdict. He stated that, in an early vote, seven of the jurors voted not guilty, and he was mystified as to how the jury eventually agreed on a guilty verdict.[18] Another juror told the filmmakers of Making a Murderer that they felt intimidated into returning a guilty verdict, as they feared for their safety.

SPOILER: (couldn't edit in time, apologies)

Saw that too. Very suspect, and the way the investigation was handled didn't seem professional at all. The prosecution hung the trial on the testimony of a kid with the IQ of Forrest Gump...whose story changed every single time, and with no physical evidence to back up anything he claimed. I still think it was one of Avery's brothers who committed the murder, but the investigation wasn't directed towards finding the killer...it was only to make sure that Steven be held responsible for it...no matter what.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SPOILER: (couldn't edit in time, apologies)

Saw that too. Very suspect, and the way the investigation was handled didn't seem professional at all. The prosecution hung the trial on the testimony of a kid with the IQ of Forrest Gump...whose story changed every single time, and with no physical evidence to back up anything he claimed. I still think it was one of Avery's brothers who committed the murder, but the investigation wasn't directed towards finding the killer...it was only to make sure that Steven be held responsible for it...no matter what.

That's what I don't get. With no physical evidence, Brendan is convicted. No DNA, no evidence to connect with his first testimony but yet he was convicted. How? Wasn't there enough doubt to not convict him or even Avery.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
That's what I don't get. With no physical evidence, Brendan is convicted. No DNA, no evidence to connect with his first testimony but yet he was convicted. How? Wasn't there enough doubt to not convict him or even Avery.
Brendan's DNA was literally nowhere inside the house, and there was no DNA evidence that the girl was ever in the house either. But according to testimony...there was all sorts of action that happened in that bedroom, but still not one strand of DNA...from either the kid or the girl? Very suspect...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Brendan's DNA was literally nowhere inside the house, and there was no DNA evidence that the girl was ever in the house either. But according to testimony...there was all sorts of action that happened in that bedroom, but still not one strand of DNA...from either the kid or the girl? Very suspect...

Exactly. I just don't get if Brendan was never there and never did anything, why did he confess the first time. Was he that naive to think it was just fun to talk about? His made up confession(if that's what it was) is what sent Steven to jail, even though it was never allowed in his trial. Jury already heard it all on the news before the trail even started.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I just don't get if Brendan was never there and never did anything, why did he confess the first time. Was he that naive to think it was just fun to talk about? His made up confession(if that's what it was) is what sent Steven to jail, even though it was never allowed in his trial. Jury already heard it all on the news before the trail even started.

Brendan's "confessions" were all very clearly coerced. He has a Forest Gump IQ (70) and he was worked over by professionals. The videos are pretty clear on this.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished up the series. I am so friggin' angry at the incestuous relationship of all the agencies in Wisconsin.... The OBVIOUS planting of evidence.... The judges time after time ruling inappropriately against the defense, on and on and on. I was going to write about each thing that was rotten in this cases, but there's just too much for this forum.

To me, the question of guilt or innocence is almost irrelevant in this case. The incredible misfeasance, malfeasance and collusion of the police, the attorneys, the judges, and various others should have made this case absolutely unprosecutable, from beginning to end. There wasn't a non-tainted potential juror in the whole cheese-headed state, thanks to that smug bastard of a prosecutor (fortunately, he ended up getting his just rewards).

Secondarily, I don't think these guys are guilty.... certainly not Brendan, and most likely not Steven.

Man-o-man.... If I ever get accused of anything, look for me in Argentina, because I have no confidence whatsoever in the crap-filled, supposed system we call justice...

And then there is this.... http://www.ibtimes.com/making-murderer-update-who-edward-wayne-edwards-former-officer-believes-notorious-2276956

(with due apoligies to my friends LVG and Shane).

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Anybody needed a quick true crime fix after watching this go look up the 3/4/16 episode of 20/20. It does in an hour what Making a Murder does in 10, namely making my jaw hit the floor.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody needed a quick true crime fix after watching this go look up the 3/4/16 episode of 20/20. It does in an hour what Making a Murder does in 10, namely making my jaw hit the floor.

How would I find it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson