Making Changes - Whiz speaks...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We'll see.... I'm quite skeptical that Whiz would actually bench his Pitt buddies...

Certainly, turning to younger players is the most obvious possibility, and nowhere on the field is there a bigger age gap between starter and backup than outside linebacker. O’Brien Schofield – playing behind Joey Porter
You must be registered for see images
– and Sam Acho – behind Clark Haggans
You must be registered for see images
– played significantly more against Pittsburgh than before the Cards’ bye. Whisenhunt said both will be integrated more often, and with the losing streak broadsiding hopes for 2011, it only makes sense to develop the younger players.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...-Changes/5cfd5525-0135-45f5-a5d4-a5ddf123e7f9

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. After reading that whole blog the only changes were just that Acho and Schofield would get more playing time. Not actually starting, just "integrated more often." Urban touched on almost every position but ended each by giving excuses why everything is going to stay the same.

KenobiOne

Reaction score
"Don't tell me what you're going to do, show me what you've done"

Ill believe it when I see it. Whiz's words have lost their weight with me.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ugh. After reading that whole blog the only changes were just that Acho and Schofield would get more playing time. Not actually starting, just "integrated more often." Urban touched on almost every position but ended each by giving excuses why everything is going to stay the same.

Well there isn't much else that can be done with personnel other than putting Bridges at LT and moving Levi back to RT.

We all know Skelator isn't taking over for Kolb anytime soon. We don't have any better WRs on the roster than Doucet and Roberts. The backup RBs are already starting, there's no young prospect at ILB to take over for Lenon, and no safeties.

The team needs to tackle better, stop with the mental mistakes, and figure out what is wrong that allows Wide Receivers and Pass Rushers to run wide open so often.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"Pass Rushers to run wide open so often."

I get that NFL protections schemes are complex, and that, for example, on the Kolb intentional grounding call, the OT actually did what he was supposed to do --

but I cant remember the last time I saw the team playing the Cardinals give them a clean, unblocked edge to the QB. Yet, it seems the Cardinals give up one of those a week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Pass Rushers to run wide open so often."

I get that NFL protections schemes are complex, and that, for example, on the Kolb intentional grounding call, the OT actually did what he was supposed to do --

but I cant remember the last time I saw the team playing the Cardinals give them a clean, unblocked edge to the QB. Yet, it seems the Cardinals give up one of those a week.

one of those a week? it seems like one of those a series!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
one of those a week? it seems like one of those a series!

As I posted in another thread Lawrence Timmons came unblocked on the very first series of the game. Kolb rushed the throw it was tipped and intercepted.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
As I posted in another thread Lawrence Timmons came unblocked on the very first series of the game. Kolb rushed the throw it was tipped and intercepted.

Actually, in true Cardinal fashion, the ball wasn't tipped... that would be too NFL-standardish... No, for the Cards, the ball had to go un-tipped, BUT, rather, it hit Housler square in the head and deflected into the waiting hands of Ryan Clark...who, was the first player on the field other than Kolb who through the ball, to lay hands on the ball.... :bang:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When Whizzes fly out of my butt. Man this same old same old is about on track with last year, except we have a worse record. If he realizes the season is now toast and there is nothing left to be gained....except for getting the youngins on D some time and trying something that works to Kolb's/Larry's/Offensive success...dot dot dot

That would require a complete in-house overhaul, that hasn't happened in the last 10 or so QBs/the system. Now that our RBs are hurt (and Hightower is a gimp for the rest of the season so I won't pile it on there) the system is all we have left. Spread them and cough gentlemen, that's what our spread is when the D knows it's coming.

Miller was not in charge, if he was it stopped early, same plays as last year, I guess we just need to work on execution more, even though opposing defenses are hoping we do just that. Stuck on stupid now with Beanie/Williams out.

Defense looks like the one we had last year, we don't even move around more before the snap. More like people trying to decide/hoping they are where they should be before the snap. Looks like we just complicated a system that wasn't working last year, especially the cushion and giving the other QB time to throw against the cushion.

Go Cardinals!
hastheball.gif

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our spread was pimp on first down back in the day, back when we were moving chains and the defense didn't have a chance to make changes. That's when Kurt was at his finest, that's what Whiz tries to create every Sunday. Then we are behind in the score...the only answer is pass some more. Gotta catch up right? Wait, now we are using the spread to catch up, with routes that don't have time to develop when the D knows it's pass, so we should go with the shot gun hand off, Chester Taylor style. That will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson