Make or Break Time: Now until the All-Star Break

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
18 Games until the All-Star Break, all against divisional opponents, 12 at home.

Dbacks are 2 back in the WC chase, trailing PHI and CHI, tied with COL.

Need to go 12-6 to stay in contention.

If not, look for trades.

Burning issue: 5th starter. When, if at all will Weaver be back?

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you work for Fox Sports Arizona. Inquiring minds want to know.

Damn it, you blew my cover. I thought posing as a 50ish gay man would be enough. Oh well, guess I will have to go back to being DbackJody

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
0-1 and didn't look good.

Side note: My son and I were at the game last night and people obsessed with social media during the game is the most annoying aspect of going. There was a group of college/20 somethings in front of us and I wanted to punch each of them in the throat.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
0-1 and didn't look good.

Side note: My son and I were at the game last night and people obsessed with social media during the game is the most annoying aspect of going. There was a group of college/20 somethings in front of us and I wanted to punch each of them in the throat.
did you actually go to the game if you didn't post 100 pictures on instagram?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
0-2 I didn't see the game since I went to the Bare Baked Ladies/Hootie and the Blowfish concert.

Not a good start to a big 18 game stretch

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
0-2 I didn't see the game since I went to the Bare Baked Ladies/Hootie and the Blowfish concert.

Not a good start to a big 18 game stretch
Wow, I bet that was 10000x better than any [current] DBack game. That surely was a great/fun concert!?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hazen himself expressed how critical this stretch was going to be to determine if they are buyers or sellers.

0-3

If the Dbacks don't take 2 of 3 from the Giants they might be starting down the barrel of a 1-8 homestand.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well...0-4. I assume they looked as bad live as they did on Fox Sports AZ. This team is a mess.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well...0-4. I assume they looked as bad live as they did on Fox Sports AZ. This team is a mess.
Yep, are are about to be exposed the second half of the season. We can't catch the Doyers and the other teams in the WC race are much better. Not a pessimist, just a realist.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, are are about to be exposed the second half of the season. We can't catch the Doyers and the other teams in the WC race are much better. Not a pessimist, just a realist.
I wish they would make some moves to get better pitchers. Bradley and Yoshi need to be shipped off. We have 2 quality starters.

Lovullo makes too many questionable moves and is a momentum killer.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone agrees that Lovullo sucks but in the end he has gotten more out of this team that most would have. Dave Roberts looks lost with an all star team.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hasn't really broken us yet. We are still 2 back in the WC chase. We really need to sweep the Giants.