Magic Numbers for Playoff Seeding (Suns Clinched at least 2seed)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remaining Games:

Jazz: Thunder, Kings
Suns: Spurs, Spurs
Clippers: Rockets, Thunder
Nuggets: Pistons, Blazers
Mavericks: Raptors, T-wolves
Blazers: Nuggets
Lakers: Pacers, Pelicans
Warriors: Pelicans, Grizzlies
Grizzlies: Kings, Warriors
Spurs: Suns, Suns

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz get Mike Conley back.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA may need to look at doing a lottery for playoff teams.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The NBA may need to look at doing a lottery for playoff teams.

What does that mean? You want opponents picked by a lottery machine? That would eliminate any desire for teams to win once they had a playoff spot locked up.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean? You want opponents picked by a lottery machine? That would eliminate any desire for teams to win once they had a playoff spot locked up.

I think the NBA needs to look at penalties for teams that manipulate playoff seeding and playoff berths by resting players or otherwise at the end of the season.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the NBA needs to look at penalties for teams that manipulate playoff seeding and playoff berths by resting players or otherwise at the end of the season.

what? Why? Teams who got the place they want by winning games and doing what they can to get the best matchup for their success should be punished? That makes no sense to me.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what? Why? Teams who got the place they want by winning games and doing what they can to get the best matchup for their success should be punished? That makes no sense to me.

In theory if every team puts their best players on the floor and plays to win all season.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
One other way to prevent this is to have the top seeds pick their opponent. That encourages all teams to win out and disincentivizes losing as there is no possible way to manipulate the matchups.