Madden 20

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray got hurt twice in season one of franchise for me. I stopped running a ton once I realized how good of a passer he is.

I'm currently paused on the Super Bowl up like 50-3 on the Chiefs. Mahomes threw two pick sixes in back to back drives.

Enjoying the current Cardinals team. Lots of fun with all the young players.
50-3 in the super bowl? Are you not playing on all madden?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LOL I am playing on the default setting to start.

My thinking is that I want all of the Cardinals young players to thrive and develop so I can see what the team is like.

Murray is a 99 Superstar X Factor. Once he gets there, he is a menace in the open field, and after 3x 10 yard runs, he gets an ability to automatically avoid a tackle in the backfield.

Isabella is a 90 for me right now and his speed and quickness are huge.

I plugged in Gaillard into the starting lineup right off the bat and plugged him in as one of the three players to get extra development. He is now an 86 overall.

Hakeem Butler is a 79 overall and just got Superstar development trait. I started using him and KeeSean because of an injury to Kirk (6 games missed). Johnson is a solid 75 right now. Kirk is like an 84 and has star development trait.

David Johnson now has TWO season ending injuries! Both were pectoral tears. I traded for Ekeler from the Chargers and he tore it the first season, but then I moved him and a 4th rounder for a 1st rounder because Johnson was still better. I just signed Alex Collins and traded Humphries and a 5th for Duke Johnson and a 3rd. I drafted a 1st round LT who is now a 77 overall, and even though Humphries is an 84, I think the first round LT will surpass Humphries by the end of the year.

Zach Allen is a beast if you use him right. I've gotten him up to an 84 overall with star development trait. I run a lot of big nickel, with Zach Allen at one DE spot and Chandler Jones at the other. It works against a lot of teams, but the Cowboys shredded the big nickel so I had to run more 4-4 Cover one to stop Elliot.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got spanked online 28-10 last night. vs the panthers. He just kept feeding greg olson and I had no way to stop it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What defense were you running?
I usually use coach suggestions as it bases it on the offenses formation. I tried different zones, different mans, cover 1, cover 2, nothing seemed to work.

I know I feed tight ends like crazy because they are the easiest players to get open in madden so he was just doing the same thing to me and my linebackers cant keep up with him.

It would probably help if I didnt play with a 78 team but such is life.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I usually use coach suggestions as it bases it on the offenses formation. I tried different zones, different mans, cover 1, cover 2, nothing seemed to work.

I know I feed tight ends like crazy because they are the easiest players to get open in madden so he was just doing the same thing to me and my linebackers cant keep up with him.

I blitz a lot, but rarely use any overload blitzes. Really helps at stopping the run on the way to the QB.

Try the big nickel formation. Basically it's a third safety instead of a corner. Obviously that's a bit problematic with the Cardinals current roster because there isn't another good SS on the roster, but it adds more run stopping power than having a third CB. You may want to focus on a defense that mixes both man and zone coverage concepts.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score

Control the defense player assigned to him and user him on the tight end. Dont use speed burst unless he's running in a line as it takes away all your agility and he'll never be open.

If it's zone user the middle linebacker and cover your zone and start running with whoever is entering your zone. Easy interceptions.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I blitz a lot, but rarely use any overload blitzes. Really helps at stopping the run on the way to the QB.

Try the big nickel formation. Basically it's a third safety instead of a corner. Obviously that's a bit problematic with the Cardinals current roster because there isn't another good SS on the roster, but it adds more run stopping power than having a third CB. You may want to focus on a defense that mixes both man and zone coverage concepts.
Agreed.

Yep, was doing a lot of that too. The S or LB covering Olson is always slower than olson. I needed more of a double play but couldnt figure out how to double olson in audible settings.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Control the defense player assigned to him and user him on the tight end. Dont use speed burst unless he's running in a line as it takes away all your agility and he'll never be open.

If it's zone user the middle linebacker and cover your zone and start running with whoever is entering your zone. Easy interceptions.
that may be the solution is to start covering who they use on my own. he couldnt run on me for poo, it was ALL olson.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
that may be the solution is to start covering who they use on my own. he couldnt run on me for ****, it was ALL olson.
Takes awhile to learn to user but worth it. Makes interceptions a lot more satisfying and a lot more likely to happen since I think they reward for doing the work yourself.

Nothing more satisfying than baiting a player with the MLB and snatching out of the air.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Takes awhile to learn to user but worth it. Makes interceptions a lot more satisfying and a lot more likely to happen since I think they reward for doing the work yourself.

Nothing more satisfying than baiting a player with the MLB and snatching out of the air.

Yes Madden definitely makes interceptions more likely when you control the player.

One of the abilities for Superstar X Factor QBs is that they can only throw an interception to a player controlled defender. Aaron Rodgers has that ability.

MA Display

Reaction score
20+ years into development, Madden still leans too much on Random Number Generation and the abuse of certain plays...

I put together a video of some suggestions & mock ups to improve the Pass Rush & Deep Ball Mechanics of the game.

Hope you agree on the points and enjoy the vid!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20+ years into development, Madden still leans too much on Random Number Generation and the abuse of certain plays...

I put together a video of some suggestions & mock ups to improve the Pass Rush & Deep Ball Mechanics of the game.

Hope you agree on the points and enjoy the vid!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Those are pretty cool suggestions.. Great video.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay rookie setting is really dumb. The computer can't react to any decent play.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven’t bought a Madden game since 2017. They still have some animations from 2002, and weird glitches . Debating picking up 20 though...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Madden sucks. I was pissed when they bought the NFL player licensing killing NFL2K by Sega.

I remember buying the Dreamcast and playing the 2k football series. EASports squeezed them out. 2K had a much better engine while “Madden” had the graphics on the PS2. I haven’t played “Madden: in a while

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I play in MUt mode

Murray at 73 is very very good

Advice- use the site muthead

Go get WRs Ross and the fastest WR in the game - it works
Buy RG Ravens LG Browns LT Rams RT Gilbert AZ
And
TE Fant
DE Reggie White power up is amazing
MLB Shazier is rediculous fast
CB Ramsey and Boye are the 2 best
Aaron Donald if u can save up is a beast
Mahomes 80 card is beast in H2H

YouTube Zurksie Madden - he will teach u a ton

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders stated the Cardinals playbook isnt great, but I've found some nice plays deeper in the play book if you look. The mesh plays usually get one receiver open.

My quibble is that 10 personnel isnt a staple in the playbook. Madden seems to not give a care about the Cardinals at all, and this oversight is pretty huge.

I tried the QB1 mode and and in the college sequences, I hated the play book.

Whoever said the overall graphics engine is the same one that EA has used for years is spot on. I havent bought Madden in many years and the game largely looks the same. Compared to NBA2k, its disappointing because 2k seems to make year to year changes that really enhance the game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few days later and I am getting better with the playbook. My main complaint is that the shotgun sets should be a more robust than they are.

You used to be able to make your own playbook. I wonder if that is still an option