Mad Max: The Wasteland

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Max: The Wasteland

Tom Hardy returns as Mad Max in a fifth installment of the post-apocalyptic, action franchise from filmmaker George Miller.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe Tom Hardy said he was signed on for 3 more Mad Max films after Fury Road. I might have read that wrong though and maybe he just signed a 3 picture deal to star as Max but either way I loved Fury Road and hope the next is released in 2017. I doubt they'll be able to shoot it and get it out before then. Fury Road made over half a billion dollars when combining the US and international box office receipts.

Vertigo has started a comic spinoff that is written by George Miller which features Furiosa's back story and it was well done. They probably could have handled that in 15-20 minutes of screen time but I can see why they didn't since it would have started things off a bit too slow and also Max wouldn't have appeared until 20 minutes into the film.

chickenhead

Reaction score
As was mentioned in the other thread, I believe Miller said the writing of Fury Road resulted in enough story for at least two more films. I wonder if it will be a trilogy as Max and Furiosa as the principals. And I wonder if Immortan Joe was just a "mini-boss" or "big bad" in that story, to borrow some terms. They won't have a problem generating another antagonist, of course, but I'm intrigued about whether there will be a larger story of possible ecological (and civil) reclamation. Is The Citadel under Furiosa the start of it? What's happening elsewhere? Is this drama playing itself out around the globe with different regional actors? I'm sort of thinking about the end of Snowpiercer here, where after a long period of devastation there are some minute signs of ecological recovery.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As was mentioned in the other thread, I believe Miller said the writing of Fury Road resulted in enough story for at least two more films. I wonder if it will be a trilogy as Max and Furiosa as the principals. And I wonder if Immortan Joe was just a "mini-boss" or "big bad" in that story, to borrow some terms. They won't have a problem generating another antagonist, of course, but I'm intrigued about whether there will be a larger story of possible ecological (and civil) reclamation. Is The Citadel under Furiosa the start of it? What's happening elsewhere? Is this drama playing itself out around the globe with different regional actors? I'm sort of thinking about the end of Snowpiercer here, where after a long period of devastation there are some minute signs of ecological recovery.

I felt like they were closing the story on furiosa when Max left at the end to go on another journey but maybe they go the route you mentioned above.

chickenhead

Reaction score
That's a good point. Maybe she'll reappear as a minor player only. But maybe they have a bit of a bad-ass, traumatized Han and Leia thing going on, too. Although I suppose we'd know if a star as big as Charlize Theron had signed on for a few more.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave