Luke Cage (Netflix)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This one's not a big loss either. It had much better characters, but only 2/3 of anything approaching a good season. The rest of season 1 and season 2 were a mess at best.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one's not a big loss either. It had much better characters, but only 2/3 of anything approaching a good season. The rest of season 1 and season 2 were a mess at best.

This show was uneven but shocked about this one a bit. I was disappointed about Iron Fist after season 2 but not shocked.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not shocked. Marvel may have the superhero movie market cornered, but they are no better then average in the television department.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought cage started well but lost luster. Alternatively I thought fist started wobbly and got much more interesting and was just about to embark on something really interesting. Bummer on both.

Hope there’s more daredevil, punisher and even defenders (though I kinda think that’s not gonna be picked up).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought cage started well but lost luster. Alternatively I thought fist started wobbly and got much more interesting and was just about to embark on something really interesting. Bummer on both.

Hope there’s more daredevil, punisher and even defenders (though I kinda think that’s not gonna be picked up).
No Defenders is done. That’s been known for awhile. It’s just JJ and Daredevil now and from what I’ve heard, season 3 of DD is weak.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Forgot about Punisher. But for some reason that always felt outside the universe to me, maybe because Frank isn’t really a superhero.

Has that show been renewed?

I think I read that JJ and Punisher have been renewed, but that's all. Yeah, Frank definitely isn't a superhero. He really pings for me, though. I'm a big fan of grimdark, and Punisher definitely fits the bill.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think I read that JJ and Punisher have been renewed, but that's all. Yeah, Frank definitely isn't a superhero. He really pings for me, though. I'm a big fan of grimdark, and Punisher definitely fits the bill.
sometimes its nice to see superheroes stay within the realms of reality. Punisher fits that bill

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I heard Iron Fist was cancelled I was hoping he would be joining the next season of Luke Cage to finally form Heroes For Hire. Since Cage is also cancelled, and it was done so close to the news about Iron Fist, I think there's a good chance they'll consolidate those two shows into one and do Heroes For Hire going forward. That should draw a big enough audience so they'll be closer to Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and the Punisher. That leaves Netflix with four Marvel shows, like they originally set out to do. The door would be open for a crossover down the line but they could go a number of different ways with it rather than just doing Defenders 2.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I heard Iron Fist was cancelled I was hoping he would be joining the next season of Luke Cage to finally form Heroes For Hire. Since Cage is also cancelled, and it was done so close to the news about Iron Fist, I think there's a good chance they'll consolidate those two shows into one and do Heroes For Hire going forward. That should draw a big enough audience so they'll be closer to Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and the Punisher. That leaves Netflix with four Marvel shows, like they originally set out to do. The door would be open for a crossover down the line but they could go a number of different ways with it rather than just doing Defenders 2.

I'd be down for that. Putting the two together brings the cost down and helps them trim the fat off the slower episodes both series seemed to suffer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave