OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucy

Release Date: July 24, 2014 (p.m. screenings)
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Luc Besson
Screenwriter: Luc Besson
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence, disturbing images, and sexuality)
Website: Lucymovie.com | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram

Starring: Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman

Plot Summary: From "La Femme Nikita" and "The Professional" to "The Fifth Element," writer/director Luc Besson has created some of the toughest, most memorable female action heroes in cinematic history. Now, Besson directs Scarlett Johansson in "Lucy," an action-thriller that tracks a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good. Not sure if I will see it in the theaters though.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The movie was absolutely terrible... The first 25 minutes were okay and the last hour was a precipitous series of WTF?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I enjoyed it quite a bit. If it hadn't had the comedic edge to it, it wouldn't have worked out. The science was crap, but the movie was fun. And, for once, a movie had a sense of originality.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Hercules was drawing a better rating than this on Rotten Tomatoes.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or did she just forget how to act? She was fine as the computer voice I guess, but jeez, she is bad at acting and/or just talking.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine this being very good. I am a big fan of Scarlet and Morgan, but isn't very appealing to me. This will be a wait for it to come out on Blue Ray for me.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Spent the first half of the movie wondering which was more annoying: the entire premise of the movie being based on a long-ago proven to be false urban legend, or ScarJo's single expression combined with a monotone voice. The last half I tried to figure out which was stolen from more: The Matrix or 2001: A Space Odyssey. Morgan Freeman's worst performance since forgetting his lines at the FIFA Selection Committee presentation.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Is it me or did she just forget how to act? She was fine as the computer voice I guess, but jeez, she is bad at acting and/or just talking.

Maybe this movie was the prequel to, "Her." :D

Stout

Reaction score
I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Hercules was drawing a better rating than this on Rotten Tomatoes.

I guess the board ate my response :) Lucy made more money at the box office than Hercules, though :)

So finally, the movie everyone else hates that I actually like. At the very least, it was much different than the other crap Hollywood puts out there. The comedic edge made this a whole lot of fun.

And to those who think Scarlett Jo-Jo can't act...cha, right!

asudevil83

Reaction score
It was bad. The premise was interesting, but i already saw Limitless. The violence was bleh, but i already say the matrix.

so many falsetoids....and plenty of things that just didnt make sense from a logical standpoint. If you become an all powerful being, then why not just put an end to the conflict that has arisen. Sure it wouldnt make for a movie, but then the story is flawed from the start.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
didn't think it was good

What did like is seeing Scarlet Johannson and the movie being partially filmed in Taiwan

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Visually pretty stunning. Story was lacking.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my 12 year old wants to go see this with a friend. Its Rated R. Does it have nudity or graphic sexual language or is it rated R for cussing and violence?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this:
Sexual Content:
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Fondling.

Sounds like I will have to veto this one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this:
Sexual Content:
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Fondling.

Sounds like I will have to veto this one.

hmmm... I don't remember much of any of that in the movie. I think there's one scene that a quick flash to people doing drugs and grinding in a club, but that's it. otherwise, it's just mostly violence, language and blood.

Stout

Reaction score
My goodness. I just finished re-watching Twin Peaks the other day, and now, seeing this thread, all I can hear is Deputy Andy whispering, "Lucy? Lucy?" ROTFL!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm... I don't remember much of any of that in the movie. I think there's one scene that a quick flash to people doing drugs and grinding in a club, but that's it. otherwise, it's just mostly violence, language and blood.

That wouldnt bother me much but they didnt make it sound that way

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie was awful

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had no intention of watching this movie but all these blistering reviews have me intrigued. Me and a few of my pals enjoy watching ridiculously bad movies together. Is this so bad its funny, like say... that first GI Joe movie was? Or is it just plain awful?

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had no intention of watching this movie but all these blistering reviews have me intrigued. Me and a few of my pals enjoy watching ridiculously bad movies together. Is this so bad its funny, like say... that first GI Joe movie was? Or is it just plain awful?

I would say no. I'm not even sure it's "awful", more like slightly below mediocre. It's more likely to engender confusion than mockery. Have you tried Jupiter Ascending on for size? It sounds more like what you're looking for.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson