Low T versus Prostate Cancer

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had been take medication for my very low T level. My doctor had me stop all T medication. Since that time my prostate cancer levels have improved. But I have zero energy to do anything and I have gained weight. I want to exercise but I have np desire to so so. My wife is ragging on me for "laying around for a couple of hours at a time", which I do. I have never had to push myself to do anything but now I don't feel like doing anything. I hate feeling like this but don't know what to do. Should I go back to medication to raise my T level (in moderation) or what?

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had been take medication for my very low T level. My doctor had me stop all T medication. Since that time my prostate cancer levels have improved. But I have zero energy to do anything and I have gained weight. I want to exercise but I have np desire to so so. My wife is ragging on me for "laying around for a couple of hours at a time", which I do. I have never had to push myself to do anything but now I don't feel like doing anything. I hate feeling like this but don't know what to do. Should I go back to medication to raise my T level (in moderation) or what?
I'd look at lower impact exercise.

What I do is I ride a stationary bike in my living room every morning while I watch Youtube videos on the Cardinals and other things that interest me.

Set a goal for yourself and then try to break that goal. I've found that it improves my energy level and gives me a sense of accomplishment. The biggest thing is that you have to stop negotiating with yourself; start with an attainable goal and don't allow yourself the ability to bargain.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I've heard about the connections to Testosterone and Prostate Cancer... I'm 57 and have never taken anything to increase my T. I'm do for a physical so should be interesting to see what my PSA level is.
With respect to exercise, I'm at the gym a minimum of 3 days a week. Trust me, the lead up to it is never anything that excites me. I'd prefer to take a pill that does for me what 45mins in the gym does!
However, I've been doing this now for 6+ years and I can attest to the benefits. Yea, it helps keep my weight in check and I like the way my clothes fit. But, more importantly, the more I exercise - even if it's only 25-30 mins on the elliptical, the more energy I have. I feel better more consistently. My mind is sharper and my attitude is more joyful.
Good luck buddy!

AZ Native

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, today I tested positive for Covid. My wife had a party scheduled for my 70th birthday on Saturday but that is not going to happen now. I got both jabs so hopefully I will be over this soon. Staying positive.

Brian in Mesa

Ivergeberalizationist
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, today I tested positive for Covid. My wife had a party scheduled for my 70th birthday on Saturday but that is not going to happen now. I got both jabs so hopefully I will be over this soon. Staying positive.
Dang. Hope you're over it quickly and can celebrate your milestone birthday soon.

Happy early Birthday !! :cool:

UncleChris

Retirement Doesn't Suck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, crap! Stay hydrated and do some serious streaming (translated: Stay rested). Sending good vibes your way!

P.S. just did 70 on the 2nd of October. It's just another day. :thumbup:

jf-08

Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't stay positive for too long. (humor inserted)

Be a good patient and I hope you kick this soon!

AZ Native

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy 70th to you too. I had about 8 of the Covid symptoms last week, thus the test which was positive. Since then I have had no symptoms and 3 negative tests. My Doctor said I could have had a false positive. I am getting my booster soon. Thanks for your concern.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy 70th to you too. I had about 8 of the Covid symptoms last week, thus the test which was positive. Since then I have had no symptoms and 3 negative tests. My Doctor said I could have had a false positive. I am getting my booster soon. Thanks for your concern.

glad to hear this Native! get that booster in ya. a little dab will do ya.