Lovullo: "It is not a rebuild"

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it was a rebuild you would have seen Peralta and Ray, maybe Ahmed traded (which still could happen before the season starts). I think the DBacks don’t really know where they are at. If they aren’t competing by the trade deadline I see them moving most of their older talent that still has value. Makes you wonder why they ARENT rebuding though.. losing the pieces they did and no clear plan for replacements is rather puzzling

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If it was a rebuild you would have seen Peralta and Ray, maybe Ahmed traded (which still could happen before the season starts). I think the DBacks don’t really know where they are at. If they aren’t competing by the trade deadline I see them moving most of their older talent that still has value. Makes you wonder why they ARENT rebuding though.. losing the pieces they did and no clear plan for replacements is rather puzzling
I hope the D-backs, unlike the Suns, recognize the importance of balance. Veterans and youth, even in rebuilding.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Their moves are indicating they are trying save money because they had a lot of guys in arbitration but if you really want that then toss in money and deal Greinke. Get some good pieces for him by eating some of his contract and build up the farm. He’s not going to help this team win many games and you get out of the last 2 years of his contract.
I hope the D-backs, unlike the Suns, recognize the importance of balance. Veterans and youth, even in rebuilding.
If they deal Greinke they can spend on some veterans that are still available. Having a $34M pitcher on a potential 100 loss team makes absolutely no sense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson