Lovie Smith vs Whiz

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't believe that the Bears fired Lovie Smith. Win 10 games with the Cards would ensure a lifetime contract with many of us. If Whiz goes (pls) bring in Lovie.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I can't believe that the Bears fired Lovie Smith. Win 10 games with the Cards would ensure a lifetime contract with many of us. If Whiz goes (pls) bring in Lovie.

I said this in the sticky thread, but since this is directly about Lovie, I will say it again.

He is a 4-3 guy. We just finished a transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and now have one of the better defenses in the League. I really, really don't want to reverse course back to a 4-3 now that our defense is starting to shine.

The Defense isn't the problem with the Cards. It is the offense. Guess why Lovie got fired. He couldn't spin up an offense that could take the pressure off of his elite D. Sound familiar?

If Whiz goes, we need to try and keep as much of our D staff intact and completely retool the offensive side (players and staff).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I said this in the sticky thread, but since this is directly about Lovie, I will say it again.

He is a 4-3 guy. We just finished a transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and now have one of the better defenses in the League. I really, really don't want to reverse course back to a 4-3 now that our defense is starting to shine.

The Defense isn't the problem with the Cards. It is the offense. Guess why Lovie got fired. He couldn't spin up an offense that could take the pressure off of his elite D. Sound familiar?

If Whiz goes, we need to try and keep as much of our D staff intact and completely retool the offensive side (players and staff).

The players we have on defense are versatile enough to switch to the 4-3 if necessary. Dockett 3 gap DT, Campbell DE, Acho SOLB, and Washington WOLB. Not a huge change if needed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The players we have on defense are versatile enough to switch to the 4-3 if necessary. Dockett 3 gap DT, Campbell DE, Acho SOLB, and Washington WOLB. Not a huge change if needed.

It would ensure that we use the 7th pick in the NFL draft on Bjoern Werner, though.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

It seemed like a huge change the first time around. Maybe going back will be easier.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Te'o, Demontre Moore, Ezekiel Ansah and Star Lotulelei before Bjoern please.

If we're going to run a 4-3 defense, we need a rush end. Otherwise, you're throwing free agent money at Conor Barwin or Cliff Avril and hoping for the best.

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would make ZERO sense to hire Lovie Smith. He is a 4-3 defensive coach. Our defense is fine. Horton deserves the job. If we change to a 4-3, we are looking at more time to rebuild.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Per NFL Network Lovie Smith "is very interested with the Cardinals situation".

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I can't believe that the Bears fired Lovie Smith. Win 10 games with the Cards would ensure a lifetime contract with many of us.

I think Lovie Smith would make an excellent coach for the Cardinals. Always have been impressed with him.

Happy New Years!
-Tim
Lets talk Cardinals on Twitter, follow me
SheriffK9NJ

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy hasn't been able to produce a decent offense even WITH a decent QB. He has gone thru OC's like crazy.

Say no to Lovie. He is the total opposite of what we need here.