"Lost" writer/creator to write comic books

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you've ever toyed with the idea of picking up a comic book as an adult, here's a decent place to start....

Marvel Taps Lost Co-Creator Damon Lindelof to Pen “Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk”

By M&C News
Sep 16, 2005, 16:32 GMT

Damon Lindelof, co-creator and executive producer of the hit television series Lost, will bring his creative genius and storytelling talent to Marvel's "Ultimate" universe this December with Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk.

The series plans to re-envision the classic first appearance of Wolverine for a new generation with Book One in December. Leinil Yu (Wolverine and X-Men), who recently signed an exclusive contract with Marvel, will illustrate the series.

Launched by Marvel in 2000, the Ultimate line re-introduces several of Marvel's most popular characters in 21st-century settings. Featuring hyper-realistic drawing and state-of-the-art computer coloring, the Ultimate books allow a new generation of readers to grow up with their favorite Marvel superheroes.

"I actually owned Hulk #181 when I was a kid. Then my mom threw it away. I can't believe how lucky I am to have the opportunity to re-introduce these two iconic characters to each other in the no-holds-barred world of the Ultimate Universe. I am truly honored to get a chance to fulfill my life-long dream of writing for Marvel," Lindelof said in a press release.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk will mark Lindelof's first comic book writing effort. He will bring his storytelling magic to Marvel's Ultimate Universe in a high-octane tale that echoes the classic first appearance of Wolverine (from Incredible Hulk #181).

Dr. Bruce Banner (a.k.a. the Hulk) has been presumed dead since his execution following a murderous rampage through Manhattan. But when reports start cropping up of an unidentified creature appearing around the globe, General Nick Fury - head of America's premiere intelligence organization, S.H.I.E.L.D - begins to get worried.

Not because Banner can turn from man to unstoppable monster in seconds, but because Banner's existence is the one secret that can bring down Fury. So Fury turns to the only man he can trust: James Logan, a.k.a. Wolverine of the X-Men, to take care of Banner - by any means necessary.

"I'm an enormous fan of Lindelof's work, which is really all about human drama. I know that his take on this new series will thrill traditional comic fans and definitely appeal to a whole new audience of fans drawn to his amazing creativity and storytelling ability," said Joe Quesada, Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics, in the release.

Prior to Lost, Lindelof was co-producer on the popular crime drama Crossing Jordan and wrote for the first three seasons of the show.

Last year, along with multi-hyphenate J.J. Abrams, Lindelof created hit ABC drama Lost. Currently in his position as Executive Producer of Lost, Lindelof shares day-to-day show running and writing responsibilities with Carlton Cuse.

Visit Marvel Comics for more information on this and other titles.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave