Looking for work

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hey ladies and gentlemen. I am looking for work. Preferably not door to door sales. Looking for a good company in the west side of Glendale. Almost every job I have worked at has been through word of mouth. Any ideas would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have done a little of everything. Computers way back from 1987 to 2006. I managed a check cashing place, delivered flowers, managed affordable housing properties, realtor, was an SBA Loan Originator, shoe salesman, fast food cook, bus boy, etc.

Looking for maybe an office job of some sort. I can learn anything. The key is finding a good company to work for. :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Yuma So I work for a major financial company in the valley however we are not on the west side. We are currently by Arizona Mills and within the next two years will be by tempe marketplace.

I could refer you in to customer service, sales, negotiations, underwriting, lots and lots of office jobs.

Depending on your qualifications and etc could be some real good pay too.

We are always hiring, if you are willing to drive, I can try to help. I have been here 7 years so a good resume combined with my referral is almost a guaranteed interview.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
@BigRedRage The drive from my house is definitely a bummer. That is a definite con for me. The major pro is I have always wanted to get into the finance arena because that personally interests me. I have never had the opportunity to get into that sector because of timing or lack of requirements, or basically living in small towns and not having many job openings. I have been looking in Indeed and CareerBuilder web sites and the jobs require many years of direct experience and/or certifications. I haven't had any opportunities for entry level entry into finance.

On the employer side, my resume is not good over the last decade. My family moved to Northern Nevada for my wife to improve her career. In Northern Nevada the great recession period had unemployment in the high teens low twenties where I lived, and we entered the recession sooner and lasted longer than the rest of the nation. So I had to hustle just to take jobs like floral delivery and sales. Plus I happened to get my real estate license right before the recession hit, which was definitely not a good career move. LOL.

So I definitely don't want you to use your capital on me, because my resume is bad. However, I do have a good work ethic and that old school nose to the grind stone work style. It just depends on how you see your company's need for an entry level employee.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So, just an update. I am back in Minden, NV as an affordable housing property manager. Couldn't seem to find anything in Phoenix. Family stayed in Glendale. My wife has a good job so it would be crazy for her to leave it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, just an update. I am back in Minden, NV as an affordable housing property manager. Couldn't seem to find anything in Phoenix. Family stayed in Glendale. My wife has a good job so it would be crazy for her to leave it.
Lol that's much further than Tempe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah. I just never could get set up with anyone. In Yuma people knew me, I could get a job in a heartbeat. In Nevada people know me, I can get a job really quick. Phoenix, I have no network. People don't know me. It was always 90% with every job I applied for. I either had 90% of the skills they wanted and was missing that last ten percent, or someone would refer me to another person to get a job and it would be like 90% of the way to getting started, but never quite getting that last piece of info or referral to get started. I kept getting calls back here for work, and I was butting my head against a wall in Phoenix. Anywhere I worked before, I always had a job back. Until I moved to Phoenix. So I guess I will just have to sacrifice my family to earn some dough. I am appreciated here by my employer, supervisor, and crew, and my tenants tell me every day they are happy to have me back. So that is good.