Looking back at early assessments of BASK + Bowles

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Hahaha .. I'd like to find the posts that called him colon-Bowles (or something like that). Those would be funny now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the sudden bumping old threads is bullying?

Seems like a Goodell ruling!

It pretty much goes against a major tenant of this site.

'Debate the topic, not the poster.' The point of these bumps is to call out the poster that made them, and not the topic itself. That is where I have a problem.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

'Debate the topic, not the poster.' The point of these bumps is to call out the poster that made them, and not the topic itself. That is where I have a problem.

But see, that is were you are wrong. The topic was debated and in many cases, the both side were passionate about there stance. All this is doing is looking back to see who won the debate. Bullying would be 100% one sided and in this case, both side were equally engaged in the original debate. Mulli is right, it is about being thin skinned. Hell, I called RGIII better than Luck and I was wrong. If anyone bumped that thread, I would eat my crow.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

FWIW, I don't think the bump is a big deal. I don't even think the first post mentioning what someone said is a big deal. The second or third posts starts to feel like bullying or calling out the poster.

I also think it depends on the poster. Most of the time, I think that cheese or I can handle it. If you have strong opinions, then don't be bashful when someone recalls those. Just hold yourself to the same standard that you hold others.

Just my two cents.

I miss Duckjake's posts.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really? Ugh.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Ugh.

People are reading way to much into these. We have a board full of highly opinionated posters who are fond of making declarative statements right after draft picks, one game, etc. Looking back is fun to see how these opinions turned out.

If you think it is bullying, you are taking this forum way too seriously.

It would seem that you would consider any disagreement as bullying. But this is NOT bullying at all.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have strong opinions and arguments and state them. Of course many will be wrong, or right. It's only worth bumping if posts have some thought behind it. No shame in that.

Now, what gets somewhat irritating is some of the most prolific "bumpers" never say much of anything, on any topic, EVER. It's great to see someone bump their own posts and say "look at this"... that's cool. It's lame, IMO, to see people that very rarely post more than a sentence or two (and if they do, its almost always some kind of banal statement) bump threads.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I guess the reason I asked the initial question is that it seems like the people who bump old posts only do it to try to make others look stupid and rarely if ever bump their own posts (unless of course it was something they got right - people are happy to do that). I'm not trying to make a 100% generalization, but just what I see more often than not (and in this case, in particular). The OP sure has enough great material would could bump for our amusement over in the P&R thread!! :)

I personally don't get bent out of shape or offended by any of this, just not sure what it really accomplishes other than making other people look bad.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to bump a number of threads, but since the question was posed in a thread, I did a little digging.

And it caught my eye that DuckJake was the last poster in a couple of these.

First off, from PACardsFan:
Whiz minus Grimm, Keim, Horton > BA, Keim, Bowles
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...t-ba-keim-bowles-199740.html?highlight=bowles

Next this gem from 1DS:
Todd Bowles is to Bruce Arians...As Russ Grimm was to Ken Whisenhunt.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/todd-bowles-is-to-bruce-arians-199237.html?highlight=bowles

From Cheesebeef (with a classic DuckJake post)
Bruce Arians' Coachspeak
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/bruce-arians-coachspeak-199839.html?highlight=bowles

NJCardsFan:
What Was Once A Strength Is Now A Weakness
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...s-now-a-weakness-199730.html?highlight=bowles

I love public polls:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...s-after-week-2-a-199457.html?highlight=bowles

Is this assessment concluded?? BA is in his 2nd year. Whiz went to the SB in year 2. Let's see how it all plays out before we crown anyone.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Didn't we win 10 games last year and not make the playoffs?
Good point. It took Whiz 3 years to field a 10 win season. BA did it in his first year and with many of the same players that Whiz had in his last. He also found not one but 2 competent quarterbacks in his first year. Whiz couldnt do that in the entire six years he was here.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didnt we win 9 games to barely make the playoffs that year?

Doesn't matter dude. All you need to do is get in the playoffs & lean on a HOF QB. That's what scares me right now. Even at 9-1, I just don't have enough confidence in Stanton.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good point. It took Whiz 3 years to field a 10 win season. BA did it in his first year and with many of the same players that Whiz had in his last. He also found not one but 2 competent quarterbacks in his first year. Whiz couldnt do that in the entire six years he was here.

So before Whiz this team constantly went 5-11 so sure, let's bash him for actually having winning seasons.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
So before Whiz this team constantly went 5-11 so sure, let's bash him for actually having winning seasons.
Im not bashing. I loved Whiz when he was hired and still think he was a good hire.

BA is a better head coach. To pertend otherwise is just silly.

On a side note: I never understood why teams seem to want to hire coaches with the least experience. Bowles is almost certainly going tobe a head coach next year and he has been a coordinator for what? 2 seasons?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not bashing. I loved Whiz when he was hired and still think he was a good hire.

BA is a better head coach. To pertend otherwise is just silly.

On a side note: I never understood why teams seem to want to hire coaches with the least experience. Bowles is almost certainly going tobe a head coach next year and he has been a coordinator for what? 2 seasons?

He was coordinator in Philly for half a year and interim head coach in Miami after Sparano got fired. He's coached in the NFL since 2000 and even worked in personnel for Green Bay in the mid-90s. His experience is fine. To narrow your search to guys who have "X number of years as coordinator or head coach" would be a bad way to do it IMO. Performance is the most important thing in any job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA