Logan Thomas - The options for short yardage and Goal line...

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Late Round : Logan Thomas multi-dimensional options vs a RB for short yardage / goal line situation? It may be worth the risk just for this scenario? If a team is looking for a fit with certain packages w/ options for short yardage/goal line this may be worth a 4-7 round pick.

The guy is tough and can be a passer or runner. He's a bull from what I've seen when running. Hard to bring down.

Mad Scientist may go to work. :):)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Late Round : Logan Thomas multi-dimensional options vs a RB for short yardage / goal line situation? It may be worth the risk just for this scenario? If a team is looking for a fit with certain packages w/ options for short yardage/goal line this may be worth a 4-7 round pick.

The guy is tough and can be a passer or runner. He's a bull from what I've seen when running. Hard to bring down.

Mad Scientist may go to work. :):)

But remember the third QB is not active on game day, so in order to dothis we'll have to have him activated as a position player.

OP
OP
OmahaCardsFan

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Good point. However, he could be active since he's filling another role (e.g. - RB for short yardage). Heaven forbid, but given his athleticism he could play special team. :)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I hate it when teams bring in a different QB for goal line situations. Its a gimmick and rarely ever works consistently. Throws off the rhythm of the entire team.

OP
OP
OmahaCardsFan

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score

I don't think it happens very often. But if you have that kind of athlete (Cam Newton like), I'd rather have him in than a short yardage 1 dimensional RB. That was my whole point. Otherwise I would agree with you if we brought in Drew Stanton.:)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a feeling alot of members here will be eating some crow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas can be the running back in the wildcat formation.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has the arm, he has footspeed and agility, as well as the raw athleticism. He is very intelligent. BA just saw too much potential here to pass up. This is a Honey Badger type of pick. Its boom or bust.

If its boom, its going to be big.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Maybe & maybe not. Wild card pick. Home run or ground ball to the pitcher. I love the pick!

I did not read up on any QB's past the first 4 or 5 thinking there was no way that the Cardinals were picking a prospect/project QB.

I will have to read up on the kid.

Sounds like he is a super-athlete that needs to learn the game, and improve his footwork.

Love the duality he is getting on the board, tho.

Yet, I am really looking for points for and against. The pick is done, whether it was a a bad draft pick in irrelevant at this point. What is relevant is why he was a good or bad pick when it comes to playing football.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Todd Graham tried that idea at ASU and it just didn't work.