Locker room unhappy

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
While reading Fitz Sr's tweet, it occurred to me that veterans unhappy about benching Bradford likely has nothing to do with money.

They know McCoy and offense are inadequate and didn't like Bradford being made scapegoat. I think it is un-happiness on Wilks not trying to see or ignore the actual problem. The team believed that Bradford gave them the best chance to win if play calling and design improves. When Wilks made it all Bradford's fault, they wondered if they are next.

Yeah, a loss to broncos next week will make the rift wide open between players and staff as wide as Grand Canyon. Tighten your seat belts.
I’m sorry but benching Bradford has been the best move this staff has made since week 1.

This is reality

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
a loss to broncos next week will make the rift wide open between players and staff as wide as Grand Canyon. Tighten your seat belts.

I completely agree with this. If we lose to the Broncos, this will be like the 2006 season where Denny fired his OC after the Bears game, then the team played out a string of meaningless games until he was let go after the season. I can see this happening again if they can't get this fixed.

Bottom line, we do not control the line of scrimmage on either side, and it's the first thing fundamentally a team needs to do to be successful. They could do it last year with nearly the same players, there is something really broken here.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Disagree, it's a team game and that 4 mil can help the team in the future. So would players want them to help the team with that money or just throw it out the window to a guy who isn't going to play?
Legitimate question, what is that money being used for? I don't believe they can carry it over.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Legitimate question, what is that money being used for? I don't believe they can carry it over.
Someone pointed out that unused bonus money can be carried over and used for cap space next year.

Perfectly logical if playing Madden, not sure what the players think of it being done to one of their own. I think it will be viewed negatively to deactivate a healthy player willing and able to play just to keep him from getting his bonus.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Very unlikely imo. I guess firing a GM isn't as disruptive as firing a HC but it can set an organization back as it retools its scouting department.

I wonder how much owners talk to each other and discuss what they think about their teams. I do recall Michael giving a tour of the new stadium to Jones before Jones built his stadium.

My point is I'm sure Michael gets feedback from his peers and other NFL people so his extending Keim this year counts for a lot.

Actually I think this would be a good thing as based on recent drafts, I don't have much confidence in the scouting department or Keim.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Incentives
There are two different types of incentives, which are rewards for attaining certain goals. The first kind are likely to be earned (LTBE) incentives. LTBE incentives count against the salary cap at the beginning of the season, but if the player doesn’t earn the incentive, the team keeps the money and the corresponding cap space is carried over to the next season.

A bonus not likely to be earned (NLTBE)does not count against the salary cap, but is awarded to the player all the same.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/6/17600618/nfl-salary-cap-2018-everything-to-know-about-salaries

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave