Locker room talk after the Rams game. 11/13/22

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, I would agree with most of that Cowherd says on this.

There's another video or post that I can't find now, from a few weeks ago talking about how the FO knows Kliff is in a tough spot with Murray. I think at some point one of them is gonna have to go, in order for the team to get better. There's just so much expectation for each of them and they aren't completely gelling together. To me it doesn't matter who goes, however if it's Kliff I think it will be harder finding a coach who can really relate to Murray, than it would be finding a QB that Kliff can coach well.
IF Murray was making a moderate contract, I'd move on from him. I think Murray is going to take longer than we want to admit to finally mature and start getting good at the finer aspects of playing QB. We all know that Murray has great traits: well above average accuracy, arm strength, all world speed. But he still screws up the simple things: setting protections, presnap reads, and going through progressions the right way.

Luckily every thing that Murray isn't good at, experience tends to smooth over. Murray will continue to get better just by exposure, but he obviously isn't working hard enough at the finer details so it will take longer.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought we couldn't target Nuk when up against a good CB?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF Murray was making a moderate contract, I'd move on from him. I think Murray is going to take longer than we want to admit to finally mature and start getting good at the finer aspects of playing QB. We all know that Murray has great traits: well above average accuracy, arm strength, all world speed. But he still screws up the simple things: setting protections, presnap reads, and going through progressions the right way.

Luckily every thing that Murray isn't good at, experience tends to smooth over. Murray will continue to get better just by exposure, but he obviously isn't working hard enough at the finer details so it will take longer.
You’d really hope a game like this makes him ask SOME kind of question about himself.

But every time they showed him, he was just standing off the sidelines talking to Hollywood. Didn’t look like someone locked in the way I would have liked to see on the sideline in a MUST win game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yeah, he's in year four and on the big money deal now. He doesn't get the excuses that he needs more experience and time. I get that you aren't saying this, and that he's stunted developmentally, and I think that I'm simply proving your point--I'm out of patience with him. He gets no leeway and no excuses any longer. This year is prove it time, and he sure is proving what he is.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A glimmer of hope for the future.

VJ has his detractors, and rightfully so, but players do seem to develop (eventually! haha!) under his coaching. Zach Allen, Murphy. Thompson. Baker. Reddick. Jury is still out on Collins and Simmons but they are showing signs too.

And, I'm all about the front seven! Let's freaking go Myjai Sanders!

I was about to give VJ some credit in the game until I saw the Rams convert a 3rd down pass and 94 was in coverage 10 yards downfield

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You’d really hope a game like this makes him ask SOME kind of question about himself.

But every time they showed him, he was just standing off the sidelines talking to Hollywood. Didn’t look like someone locked in the way I would have liked to see on the sideline in a MUST win game.
I've been saying all year to my bro @Redrage that my money is on Murray ultimately failing as a Cardinal and then moving on to a team like the Vikings and having a mid to late career renaissance there. I just think he is too talented to ultimately fail. I think the Cardinals just don't have the structure that is needed to get the best out of him.

While I roll my eyes at the "Coach Bro" talk, I think there is some creedence to the idea that Murray and Kingsbury aren't a good fit on a personal and philosophical level. Kingsbury would work with a Warner type, a driven, mature QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, he's in year four and on the big money deal now. He doesn't get the excuses that he needs more experience and time. I get that you aren't saying this, and that he's stunted developmentally, and I think that I'm simply proving your point--I'm out of patience with him. He gets no leeway and no excuses any longer. This year is prove it time, and he sure is proving what he is.
I'm in the same boat. Up to last season, he still had the "needs more experience" excuse. He has had ample on field time to figure things out and where he is struggling the most is all mental.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's wild to think that Kyler Murray got that big extension just four months ago and I think the majority view today is that it's a mistake.
I was totally against it the time along with others

He needed to earn it before we paid him

MB extending SK and KK along with the KM extension is just bizarre in so many ways

What was he thinking?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t know about this after four years of experience he’s actually getting worse not better… It should be the opposite effect literally

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is why I haven't totally given up on Kliff as a coach. We now have FOUR games with a different QB and the results point to Kyler being the biggest problem with the offense right now.

This doesn't mean that the Cardinals should give Kliff a pass; a big part of his job is fixing Kyler's deficiencies.
Kliff has a .750 winning record without kyler.

Kyler has a 1.000 winning record without kliff.

;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA