LMAO @ Press Conference

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whiz blames field position.

FIELD POSITION!!! LMAO

I gues by the way the Vikes were getting 20 yards a play from 10 min on he didnt get a chance to see how far they were moving so fast lol

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Field position is a fancy way of saying "our D couldn't stop them and our O couldn't move the ball."

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Whisenhunt is showing his true colors. He never accepts any blame. This is why none of the necessary adjustments are made and disastrous mistakes are made in the offseason

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they needed LSH to run the kick off in overtime to the Vikes 10 yard line for us to have a chance.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Maybe they needed LSH to run the kick off in overtime to the Vikes 10 yard line for us to have a chance.

So DA could throw a pick 6 after a bone headed coaching decision to pass the ball:D . That would have been the classic ending.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
It really irked me that our ususally agressive coach turned into a huge coward on that last offensive drive... we desperately needed a first dow to run the clock... we all knew Favre would tie it if we gave them the ball back..

Why couldn't he scheme up one decent gadget play or misdirection play, or something creative to get a first down.. instead we ran two predictable run plays and got stuck in a third and long..

I just dont get Coach Whiz sometimes

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was I the only one who noticed they had great field position most of the game though?

A big part of it was the coverage teams especially on punts and it seemed like with punts the problem was Graham. I posted it on the game thread it seems lik he's hurt, all of a sudden he's getting no air on his punts even the long ones are low liners. Camarillo is not exactly a speed burner but he had 10-15 yards most times before the coverage was there because of no hangtime.

That's not why we gave up the last 2 drives I think the defnese was tired and they schemed to pick on Wilson and Lenon, but Whiz was right about field position.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was I the only one who noticed they had great field position most of the game though?

A big part of it was the coverage teams especially on punts and it seemed like with punts the problem was Graham. I posted it on the game thread it seems lik he's hurt, all of a sudden he's getting no air on his punts even the long ones are low liners. Camarillo is not exactly a speed burner but he had 10-15 yards most times before the coverage was there because of no hangtime.

That's not why we gave up the last 2 drives I think the defnese was tired and they schemed to pick on Wilson and Lenon, but Whiz was right about field position.

I'm surprised he didn't just come out and blame Graham then, since he's such a bum

:sarcasm:

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
i still have a huge problem with whiz's play calling. he needs to let someone else do it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised he didn't just come out and blame Graham then, since he's such a bum

:sarcasm:

He's not a bum by any means, but they averaged 12 yards per punt return and several of their good starting positions came as a result of good returns.

This might not paste well but here's the Vikings drives with the starting LOS.

START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT
10:01 1 02:03 MIN 44 4 18 Intercepted Pass
06:31 1 02:25 MIN 44 3 4 Punt
15:00 2 02:43 MIN 48 5 52 Touchdown
12:04 2 05:42 MIN 36 11 61 Field Goal
02:54 2 01:15 MIN 24 3 8 Punt
00:00 2 00:00 MIN 33 1 -1 End of Half
14:48 3 03:52 MIN 22 6 28 Punt
08:17 3 03:01 MIN 40 5 58 Intercepted Pass
12:40 4 06:22 MIN 17 16 82 Downs
04:39 4 01:05 MIN 40 3 40 Touchdown
02:24 4 01:57 MIN 23 5 77 Touchdown
13:38 OT 03:56 MIN 31 6 51 Field Goal

Note they had 4 drives that started at their 40 or better and only one drive that started inside their own 20.

We had 7 drives that started inside our own 20 and 4 drives that started inside our own 10, 3 inside our own 5 yard line. Our best field position of the day was the 37 and that was the last drive of the half.

Because Whiz doesn't trust Anderson to throw much, we were really hamstrung at times by where we had the ball.

Still we should have won the game, Whiz has got to find a way to win games like that 2nd consecutive game we lost that we should have won and coaching is definitely an issue.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what happens when you play not to lose instead playing to win. This loss falls on the coaching staff.

freebyrd

Reaction score
It really irked me that our ususally agressive coach turned into a huge coward on that last offensive drive... we desperately needed a first dow to run the clock... we all knew Favre would tie it if we gave them the ball back..

Why couldn't he scheme up one decent gadget play or misdirection play, or something creative to get a first down.. instead we ran two predictable run plays and got stuck in a third and long..

I just dont get Coach Whiz sometimes
i get him....read my signature

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Totally agree Russ. The meltdown was painful, but it was a miracle that we had a 14 point lead to begin with. And why the heck does it seem like Wilson is always coving the guy who scores on us? It appears he would have trouble covering a corpse let alone a moving body.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Graham was incredible last year, but he's really fallen off this year. Punts are bouncing out the back of the end zone, they're not finding the coffin corner. I know that he's up on the Cards website as a guy you should vote for in the Pro Bowl, but he's not having that kind of season this year.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Graham was incredible last year, but he's really fallen off this year. Punts are bouncing out the back of the end zone, they're not finding the coffin corner. I know that he's up on the Cards website as a guy you should vote for in the Pro Bowl, but he's not having that kind of season this year.

I agree. Some of his punts were lacking hang time which gave them some good returns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson