Liverpool FC

Lorenzo

Reaction score
another big win last night for liverpool. there was some talk here in the media that klopp and the fenway ownership are looking to bring in christian pulisic. anyone have thoughts on that? I know there was talk before the season started and that died down. BVD are still saying he's not for sale. As much as I'd love for him to come to the EPL I think he's best to stay if he keeps seeing action in those type of games. I don't know that he would get much playing time at liverpool.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see it, but I don't think it happens. Not sure how much of an upgrade he is over the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana etc though.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge Derby win last week and then a 4-1 thrashing of Stoke. Pep in the audience so he can see in person how good Liverpool is. Should be a good game against City this weekend.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'd love to see it, but I don't think it happens. Not sure how much of an upgrade he is over the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana etc though.
Yeah I think it is all rumor. Liverpool are in good position right now as they are I'm sure they'd love to add a top flight player to put them over the top now. but pulisic won't change their standing this year. He could still help bvd in the champions league and they have some improving to do in the Bundesliga.

Now both he and reus are being linked with arsenal. I think he will stay at bvd for now.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went from title contenders to fighting for the top 4 with the worst January and first half of February possible. Shame that we keep beating competition in the top 6 but find ways to lose against teams fighting for relegation. Big win against Arsenal over the weekend. As long as they make the top 4, it will be a successful season.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If they finish top 4 it will be a very successful campaign. They need to poach a couple lads from Dortmund ;)

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they finish top 4 it will be a very successful campaign. They need to poach a couple lads from Dortmund ;)

Agreed. Pulisic would be a good catch.

They are currently in 4th but both Man U and Arsenal have 2 games in hand and only 5 and 6 points behind. (I believe)

They really needed the win against City, but 1-1 tie at home is a good result really. That was a really good game.

Considering they have not lost at all against anyone in the top half of the table, Liverpool should be leading the league. Sigh.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
true that was a good result at city. Frankly they should have won that. I don't recall who but someone missed a tap in goal at the end.

and there was a time I thought Liverpool was in contention with Chelsea, but not anymore. often the teams at the middle and bottom trip up the pretenders at the top. And Liverpool had that Nasty slide that arsenal now seems to be on(although that's another topic lol). Arsenal are not top Four material for me. It would be a shame if they make it in the end with how poor they have been.

Chelsea are beating everyone they should all year long so that is the difference. I really would love to see them trip but I don't think it will happen. I do hope spurs beat them in the FA match.

As far as pulisic I'm torn on whether or not he should come to England. I think he is on a good track at Dortmund. No doubt though Dortmund are not going to be able to keep everyone. They are paying a lot for players who are not playing and the players that are excelling will be hard to keep. Abamayang could be a top flight center striker in the premier league.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was Lallana that missed. He even apologized to his team about it. Liverpool was only 3 points behind Chelsea at one point. They had a string of only 1 win in like 12 matches in all competitions. That type of form will kill any title hopes.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw, I don't think Pulisic should leave Dortmund. It is a perfect club for him. I, as a Liverpool fan would love to see it.

I also think Aubameyang will leave. Dortmund will get $70+ mil to let himleave this summer.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love when we kick the crap out of Everton. Klopp was the first manager to beat them his first 2 games. He added to that by beating them 3 in a row. Everton doesn't even show up against us any more. Love it! Still a fighting chance at the top 4, even though we are 3rd ATM. (other teams have games in hand)

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was pretty humiliating for Everton. Great game for Liverpool. Any word on Mane?
He is probably done for the season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ouch. That hurts. He's an electrifying player.

Rumor has it that Sturridge is on Newcastle's radar for when they get promoted. Honestly, at the price he'd cost, the wages he'd demand, and with his injury problems? No thanks. What do you think of him? Is he worth the effort to get? Would you want to get rid of him or keep him?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. That hurts. He's an electrifying player.

Rumor has it that Sturridge is on Newcastle's radar for when they get promoted. Honestly, at the price he'd cost, the wages he'd demand, and with his injury problems? No thanks. What do you think of him? Is he worth the effort to get? Would you want to get rid of him or keep him?

Sturridge is an enigma. He is arguably the most talented striker in the league. And yet he hasn't really shown that form since Suarez left.

I want to keep him. (for the record, I also wanted to keep Balotelli) He just can't stay healthy enough for Liverpool. He needs to move to a smaller club and get more playing time though.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Liverpool couldn't win at home against Southamption. Milner missing a pen for the first time all season is about right. They are in 3rd and still control their own destiny with 2 games to go with Man U losing to Arsenal. Going right down to the wire.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3-0 against Middlesborough sees Liverpool in the top 4 and the Champions League qualification round over Arsenal. Beautiful. Good first full season with Klopp in charge.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
3-0 against Middlesborough sees Liverpool in the top 4 and the Champions League qualification round over Arsenal. Beautiful. Good first full season with Klopp in charge.

Well, getting back to the CL (qualifying round) is good. Losing to a bunch of crap teams shows huge mental weakness, though. And trust me, as a Newcastle fan, I know mental weakness in a team! Though I hope that's behind Newcastle.

Honestly, had they been strong mentally, Liverpool should have challenged for the title. Is Klopp enough of a coach rather than a cheerleader? Honestly, I'm not sure, but we'll see.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, getting back to the CL (qualifying round) is good. Losing to a bunch of crap teams shows huge mental weakness, though. And trust me, as a Newcastle fan, I know mental weakness in a team! Though I hope that's behind Newcastle.

Honestly, had they been strong mentally, Liverpool should have challenged for the title. Is Klopp enough of a coach rather than a cheerleader? Honestly, I'm not sure, but we'll see.

I'm not so sure either. When they went through the terrible patch in January, they lost Mane for the African Cup of Nations and couldn't beat anyone. The lack of adjustment says a lot. They have had some major injuries as well. I guess time will tell.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad start to the campaign. Two set piece goals given up again. 7 or 8 really good chances missed. 1 point away at Watford feels like 2 points dropped, but at least we got something out of the game unlike Chelsea v Burnley.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good 2-1 win at Hoffenheim in the first leg of the Champions League. Any time you can get a result away from home in this competition is a big plus.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An absolute 4-0 thrashing of Arsenal after securing its place in the Champions League. What a week!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A thrilling 3-0 win against Southampton. Huge Champions League game against Sevilla Tuesday. Win and they should top the group.

Salah has been the buy of the season. 9 goals in 12 Premier League matches and 4 more goals in the Champions League in 4 matches.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I see they drew Chelsea today. Did not get to watch. Saw the highlights of the Seville match. Moreno with a couple of bonehead plays in defence to help blow that 3 goal lead. The foul to give up that first goal is as dumb as it gets.