Liverpool FC

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I only think Firmino has hit the end of their prime. Mane and Salah have a lot of football left. My guess is that Mane goes to Bayern for the 40M mark and they play hardball on the Salah wages. I don't see them paying 400k a week.
Yeah, FSG has been pretty ruthless with big money deals, and especially for players getting on in age.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Mane was only getting paid 100k/wk which is pretty criminal when it comes down to it. There are about 5 or 6 players making more than Mane on the team. I'm not surprised he wants to leave.
I did not know that

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darwin Nunez has signed.

Mane is officially at Bayern now. End of an era. Beginning of a new one.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lots of change, but it seemed inevitable. Will miss Mane - he was an incredibly exciting player.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of change, but it seemed inevitable. Will miss Mane - he was an incredibly exciting player.
Indeed. Minamino is likely going to Monaco, Origi already left to AC Milan I think. Salah will have to decide on 300k a week wages or he leaves on a free next year.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool did well and beat City in the Community Shield. This should be an exciting season.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaky start to the season. Getting outplayed by Fulham start the season isn't a good look. They were lucky to get a draw.

Fulham beat Liverpool 2 years ago so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shaky start to the season. Getting outplayed by Fulham start the season isn't a good look. They were lucky to get a draw.

Fulham beat Liverpool 2 years ago so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I think it's a simple case of first-game newly-promoted boost. Fulham probably played their game of the season. I think Liverpool will be fine moving forward.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a simple case of first-game newly-promoted boost. Fulham probably played their game of the season. I think Liverpool will be fine moving forward.
It was equal of Fulham outplaying Liverpool, and Liverpool just being bad. They didn't wake up really until the 60th minute.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hate dropping 2 points to start the year - hopefully they'll stop messing around with lineups and start Darwin every game.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a great start. Considering all of the injuries and the suspension of Nunez, it can be expected. They definitely need to pick up all 3 against Bournemouth.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The table is definitely weird right now. I think Liverpool will figure things out. It would be good to see multiple teams battling for the top spot.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lots of excuses about injuries, but guys like Thiago and Naby are injured all the time. Need to make a move for a premium mid ASAP.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of excuses about injuries, but guys like Thiago and Naby are injured all the time. Need to make a move for a premium mid ASAP.
They wont. They are waiting for Bellingham next year.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a risky strategy, with Madrid sniffing around...could be Tchouameni part 2.
Yep. They won't overpay for him either. Really hard to argue with their transfer policy though. The only player they really haven't hit on is Keita.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yep. They won't overpay for him either. Really hard to argue with their transfer policy though. The only player they really haven't hit on is Keita.
For sure, but even without the injuries, I'm not sure we have the firepower in the midfield necessary to be the best. At this point, that's the bar.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure, but even without the injuries, I'm not sure we have the firepower in the midfield necessary to be the best. At this point, that's the bar.
What I have been advocating for a while, is to move Firmino into midfield. They should do that, along with Fabinho and Henderson once Nunez is back. Firmino is dropping super deep to get the ball anyway. It is breaking up the play.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What I have been advocating for a while, is to move Firmino into midfield. They should do that, along with Fabinho and Henderson once Nunez is back. Firmino is dropping super deep to get the ball anyway. It is breaking up the play.
Those in the know seem to think Firmino is cooked...I'm happy that guys like Darwin/Jota will be back, but we really need the linking players. Perhaps a guy like Gini was undervalued.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those in the know seem to think Firmino is cooked...I'm happy that guys like Darwin/Jota will be back, but we really need the linking players. Perhaps a guy like Gini was undervalued.
He still runs and makes good passes. He just can't put the ball in the net anymore. Firmino can be that linking player.

I'd much rather Firmino in midfield over the likes of Milner or Curtis Jones for example.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
9-0 nothing to see here. Looks like they are back. Also I’ll throw in a shout for city. They erase another 2 goal deficit, this time winning 4-2 over palace. Looks like they finally have their striker, unfortunately. In the process they’ve relegated sterling and Jesus to the lowly london teams.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9-0 nothing to see here. Looks like they are back. Also I’ll throw in a shout for city. They erase another 2 goal deficit, this time winning 4-2 over palace. Looks like they finally have their striker, unfortunately. In the process they’ve relegated sterling and Jesus to the lowly london teams.
Yep, even though Bobby had a great game, I'd still like to see him in the midfield so he can be on the field and Nunez/Jota can be up front. Once of those games where you start to feel sorry for Bournemouth after a while.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Good thing Liverpool got that out of their system yesterday, so the Mags can take them down a peg Wednesday :D
Definitely will be a litmus test for both squads. So glad we get mid week PL games!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson