Lions at Cardinals gameday thread 9-27-20

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well, that’s a failure at the nfl level, no? This is the best of the best. If you can’t elevate them then the nfl isn’t your level.
Darrell Bevell is still coaching the in NFL...these guys hang around the league. I have never been a fan of Vance so I am not going to argue too strenuously with you.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I would love it. I doubt Vance would. I doubt they do it.

Well because the writing would be on the wall for VJ. It should be anyway. I'm still confused about Simmons role and how VJ hasn't made any packages for him. Moreover, playing a practice squad player and putting him on a tight end instead of our #8 pick, isn't this what we drafted him for??

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
“I think the percentage of winning the game if you have three turnovers and they have zero is like 5%.”

First two games managed turn overs. This game, they did not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop with the rams and Seahawks. The rams got beat today and were down 28-3 at one point. The Seahawks were up 30-15 and are on the verge of losing their lead and we already beat the Niners in their home

Yeah, and both teams were playing other contenders and ran very close games. Both the Bills and Cowboys would have destroyed us today.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, and both teams were playing other contenders and ran very close games. Both the Bills and Cowboys would have destroyed us today.
Dallas is only a contender to make the playoffs because of the terrible division they play in. The bills are a good team but the rams were down 28-3 before the bills took their foot off the gas and it almost cost them. We lost a game to a veteran QB who didn’t make a mistake, when our young QB had 3 turnovers.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we played against them like we did the Lions sure, but this isn't a computer simulation.

Hmm, I'd argue we haven't actually been good at all in any games. Our offense was good vs a good Niners defense. The defense could take the day off due to Jimmy G, no WR's and an injured Kittle and the Skins were pure garbage.

The Lions were the first team that had something to challenge us on both sides of the ball and we looked poor, especially offensively. Which is a concern.

Kyler will bounce back. My biggest concern right now is Kliff. He doesn't seem to adjust in game. The way he is playing snap 1 is the same as snap 68. He seem's to come in with a plan and he damn well going to hammer that plan for the whole game.

He started with an inside zone run for 3 yards and was still calling inside zones for 3 yards in Q4. He barely gave Edmonds any carries (only 3) and Kyler only ran 5 times. We could have passed it all day to Nuk and Isabella, especially Nuk but we had to fanny around showing how smart he is with his sweeps and screens.

He just doesn't seem to actually watch the game and see what's happening on the field. He's not seeing whats working and whats not and adjusting accordingly.

For example, crossing routes. They couldn't pick up a cross to save their life, the 2 or 3 we ran were wide open. So why only run 2-3? And we could have thrown to Hopkins every damn play for 10 yards. He was free money all night. Yet we didn't.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No but he called a cornerback blitz on 3rd down that they read like a book and sealed the game.
It was so obvious I thought perhaps they were showing blitz and then PP would drop back into coverage. But nope, it was so blatantly obvious they may as well had a sign on PP’s helmet reading, “I’M BLITZING!!!”

I’m pretty sure they ran the same ineffective blitz in the first half in when the lions scored at the end of that half.

Seems to me the most effective CB Blitzes are the ones you don’t see coming.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was so obvious I thought perhaps they were showing blitz and then PP would drop back into coverage. But nope, it was so blatantly obvious they may as well had a sign on PP’s helmet reading, “I’M BLITZING!!!”

I’m pretty sure they ran the same ineffective blitz in the first half in when the lions scored at the end of that half.

Seems to me the most effective CB Blitzes are the ones you don’t see coming.

Rember that video by Brett Kollman or whatever his name was saying Vance defense was a mess because of player fits?

Well turns out it's just Vance. He still has Chandler playing weak side a bunch and dropping into coverage. It's a sin.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kyler is NOT calling the plays, the play calling was stupid all day! Going to Hopkins was a given and then we just go away from it when he was open all day just plain stupid cute coaching trying to do too much!

So you think every INT was his first read and he made that throw anyways? I know plays are drawn out to start with the first receiver, but if hes not open, he has to make that decision on the fly and look to his other receivers. I believe the playcalling was crap, but Murray has to move off the WR that the play was called for if he's not open and look for his others. He wasn't doing that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So you think every INT was his first read and he made that throw anyways? I know plays are drawn out to start with the first receiver, but if hes not open, he has to make that decision on the fly and look to his other receivers. I believe the playcalling was crap, but Murray has to move off the WR that the play was called for if he's not open and look for his others. He wasn't doing that.

Playcalling was more than adequate.

If Murray throws one less interception, the Cardinals win by 7.

Two less?

It's nigh impossible to win when a team is -3 in TOs and the Cardinals were still in position to win. If Murray even had a "bad" game, they easily win.