Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Linkin Park Releases Touching Statement Following Chester Bennington’s Death
“You had the biggest heart, and managed to wear it on your sleeve.”
Last Thursday, Linkin Park fans were stunned and saddened to discover the band’s frontman Chester Bennington had died at the age of 41.

Following the tragic news, Bennington’s bandmate Mike Shinoda shared a message on Twitter saying he was “shocked and heartbroken.” The official Linkin Park account also tweeted a photo of Bennington as a tribute.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...3c7e4b00e4363df0580?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We were huge LP fans. It still hits hard after all these years. Devastating. I feel so bad for my son and his friends.

I feel like we lost a member of the family. It doesn't get better as time goes on. I can't even imagine what his family is going through.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were huge LP fans. It still hits hard after all these years. Devastating. I feel so bad for my son and his friends.

I feel like we lost a member of the family. It doesn't get better as time goes on. I can't even imagine what his family is going through.

Maybe you know already, but Stern had a very good interview with Mike Shinoda a month or two ago and he debuted those two unreleased tunes from the peak LP era. If you have SiriusXM, you can check it out. If not there are some clips on YouTube you might enjoy.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Maybe you know already, but Stern had a very good interview with Mike Shinoda a month or two ago and he debuted those two unreleased tunes from the peak LP era. If you have SiriusXM, you can check it out. If not there are some clips on YouTube you might enjoy.
Thanks man. No I didn't know. I will check it out. Struggling right now.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thing about this. Chester was a member of our family. I'm not worried about myself, but I feel so bad about my kids. It was like a member of our family killed themselves.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
When my oldest son was in in 8th grade I took him and his friend to a LP concert. They are now 26 and they just hung out at my house watching march madness. This is just so hard. They are the biggest LP fans I know (outside of me lol).

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that. In the midst of their pain, it seems some people just don't realize how much that kind of choice affects everyone in their orbit and how long the pain of loss stays with the survivors.

Thinking more about it, you might have a hard time with that interview. I honestly can't answer that for you. I certainly didn't have the connection you had with Chester.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Appreciate that. There's no good answer. I'm struggling hard right now. I've been touching base with my son. This is no joke.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah, how do you explain to your daughter that one of our favorite people decided to pull the plug?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
One of our favorite foamily memoirs is her singing LP at devil's moment.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Damn. Had to take a day off work. This is hitting hard. I've listed to this song a hundred times. Just so sad...

Fam is taking it hard.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. Had to take a day off work. This is hitting hard. I've listed to this song a hundred times. Just so sad...

Fam is taking it hard.

I'm feeling for you and the family, man. Do your best to focus on the shared memories and the joy you all share from his musical legacy. It lives on with you all. Healing thoughts coming your way.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that. In the midst of their pain, it seems some people just don't realize how much that kind of choice affects everyone in their orbit and how long the pain of loss stays with the survivors.

Thinking more about it, you might have a hard time with that interview. I honestly can't answer that for you. I certainly didn't have the connection you had with Chester.
Yeah that was hard. I slept an hour last night. If that. **** this world.

I can't stop listening to this song.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was hard. I slept an hour last night. If that. **** this world.

I can't stop listening to this song.
I'm sorry man! Suicide is such a complex coping mechanism. We've lost so many talented people to it who couldn't find any other way to stop the hurt/suffering that affects everyone. I hope you can find some peace here soon!