Link to Harrison's cheap shot

Mags87

Reaction score
i love the guy. huge influence on the game (100 yard TD) but didnt expect that out of him. we are a classy organization and dont need this. please James, show them the respect they have earned.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the last player to be ejected from a NFL game was? I searched a bit, but didn't find any definitive answers. I imagine the refs really didn't want to 'take the game into their hands' by ejecting him, though I'm sure they technically could have. Its sort of a bizarre reversal of the Suns-Spurs incident a few years back (although what Harrison did was FAR worse than stepping onto a court).

EDIT: VV Thats right I had totally forgotten about that. Though a helmet did come off during that and it was clearly a closed fist, so maybe thats why the refs thought it was different?

I dunno, I can see it going either way. Itll be interesting to see if the league comes out and says he should've been ejected, or if they suspend him for maybe the 1st game of next year or something like that.

Last edited:

VaBeachGuy

Rookie
Reaction score
Does anyone know who the last player to be ejected from a NFL game was? I searched a bit, but didn't find any definitive answers. I imagine the refs really didn't want to 'take the game into their hands' by ejecting him, though I'm sure they technically could have. Its sort of a bizarre reversal of the Suns-Spurs incident a few years back (although what Harrison did was FAR worse than stepping onto a court).
Channing Crowder of the Dolphins and Matt Light of the Patriots were both ejceted from their match up in week 12 (November 26 2008).

VaBeachGuy

Rookie
Reaction score
I also remember the Eagles Jeremiah Trotter and one of the Falcons DB's getting ejected from a Monday night game in 2005 because of a pushing match that happened during warm-ups.

And Joey Porter got ejected from a Steelers-Browns game before it was played too, that was 2004 I think.

Ejections are rare, but happen when needed.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Whatever the fine is it won't be enough. Totally classless act.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love the guy. huge influence on the game (100 yard TD) but didnt expect that out of him. we are a classy organization and dont need this. please James, show them the respect they have earned.

What makes the Steelers a classy organization?

coldsweat

Reaction score
It was no worse than Hightower taking a shot at Holmes on the sideline and Holmes drew the flag.

Hightower had NOTHING to do with the play he should have been ejected.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh I hate life right now so damn unfair why would god do that to us....

coldsweat

Reaction score
The play DID NOT include Hightower and for someone on the sideline to get involved he should have been tossed.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That was disgusting. What else do you expect from a wife beater? (according to a NY Giants fan)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steelers linebacker James Harrison sentenced to 5-10 years with Cincinnati Bengals pending parole

CINCINNATI, OH — Despite emotional pleas for leniency from his family, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was sentenced to 5-10 years of hard labor with the Cincinnati Bengals after pleading guilty to assault charges stemming from a violent encounter with his girlfriend. The pro bowl linebacker will be eligible for parole from the Bengals in 2011.
Click Here!

“I had a momentary lapse of reason, and for that I truly apologize,” a tearful Harrison said, addressing the court. “But I pray the judge has the wisdom and kindness of heart to reconsider my penalty. I’ve heard horror stories about that place.”

When asked about the reasons for so extreme a sentence, US District judge Ronald Swift cited the unrepentant nature of Harrison’s crimes. “A crime this cold-blooded and vicious deserves the strongest punishment we can deliver – being sent to a place reserved for society’s most brutal offenders.”

Outraged by the severity of his client’s sentence, Harrison’s lawyer has filed an appeal, claiming cruel and unusual punishment. It is hoped that with good behavior, Harrison’s sentence may be commuted to a less harsh term with The Miami Dolphins or Minnesota Vikings.

If you’re new here, you may want to subscribe to our newsletter or RSS feed and get hilarious sports news every day. Thanks for visiting!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

That was disgusting. What else do you expect from a wife beater? (according to a NY Giants fan)
he was charged with domestice violence last year about the same time as Cedrick Wilson,alos with the Steelers was. Wilson was released while Harrison was sent to anger management. I'm sure Wilson being a bust and Harrison being a starter had nothing to do with that. Harrison was also arrested for domestic violence as a senior in high school. That's one of the reasons he ended up at Kent St. I have no proof of it but you don't go from undrafted and being cut multiple times to defensive MVP without getting on the Shawn Merriman training regimen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he was charged with domestice violence last year about the same time as Cedrick Wilson,alos with the Steelers was. Wilson was released while Harrison was sent to anger management. I'm sure Wilson being a bust and Harrison being a starter had nothing to do with that. Harrison was also arrested for domestic violence as a senior in high school. That's one of the reasons he ended up at Kent St. I have no proof of it but you don't go from undrafted and being cut multiple times to defensive MVP without getting on the Shawn Merriman training regimen.

Let's not go too far here we can go after Santonio next for his DUI's and domestic assaults but Fitz was accused of something pretty similar with his girlfriend and it basically has nothing to do with the game.

Harrison was penalized on the play, he could have been ejected but it really had no impact on the outcome of the game so why complain. The NFL will undoubtedly fine him.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Each member of winning team get $75k....fine should be at least that....ya' think that creep would apologize...no....like to see him try that on Watson and see how far he gets..

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Let's not go too far here we can go after Santonio next for his DUI's and domestic assaults but Fitz was accused of something pretty similar with his girlfriend and it basically has nothing to do with the game.

Harrison was penalized on the play, he could have been ejected but it really had no impact on the outcome of the game so why complain. The NFL will undoubtedly fine him.
the difference is Holmes went to OSU so a bit of leniancy comes with that :D.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true Russ.

Had he been ejected, he would not have been in for the last drive and the 'fumble' might not have happened

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true Russ.

Had he been ejected, he would not have been in for the last drive and the 'fumble' might not have happened

He didn't cause the fumble though.

If that play had happened before his INT I could understand the complaining but it didn't. It will be reviewed by the NFL, he'll get fined. I don't think he impacted the last drive.

When we had to make a play we didn't, when they had to make a play they got the ball out from Kurt at the end there.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he didn't but if our O LIne hadn't needed to block him, the other guy may not make that play

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Francisco is going to have to show me more balls than that, he is fighting for a roster spot atm imo. I require more fight in my dog than that, punch him in the throat, get thrown out, and take that wife beater with you. Step the hell up. God you need to read this and man up. If you let intimidation happen, you're just as bad, @#$%! Being scared of a 15 yard penalty and scared to stand up for oneself are 2 different things.

/cut

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
Sad part is NFLN and ESPN are totally sweeping the incident under the rug and haven't said anything about it. Harrison disgraced his team and the sport acting so poorly on the biggest stage the game has to offer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson