Like I Said

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The plot thickens. Either Bowles or his agent verbally committed to the Tampa job, maybe even with some type of intent communication in writing. Now Bowles agent says he hasn’t signed and for the reason I just posted he’s considering the Bears in the same slot.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think KK will need his version of Wade Phillips running the defense.

Tell me why that won't be either Chuck Pagano or Marvin Lewis.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Because neither Pagano or Lewis are Wade Wilson?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Because neither Pagano or Lewis are Wade Wilson?
They have the gravitas, and operational knowedge of running an NFL franchise. KK may need that. Plus they are fully able to handle a 3-4 defense and their resume will speak to that.

I feel like you knew that already though. :?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry's right. He wasn't speculating, everyone was doing that. He was reporting breaking facts. Some here wanted KK to hire Bowles, but not possible now. Williams, Pagano, or Lewis would be the best choices.

yeah... except apparently, he wasn't even reporting facts as Gambo Harry has now said things might be changing.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
yeah... except apparently, he wasn't even reporting facts as Gambo Harry has now said things might be changing.
At least I was in good company. BA, among others, thought it was a done deal. “Speaking on the Rich Eisen Show on Wednesday, Arians reportedly spoke about Bowles being on his staff as a done deal.

“[Bowles] thought hard about it,” Arians said. “I was doing my best sell job and this happened. We’re really excited to be back together.” (New York Post)

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
The Chicago Sun Times confirmed Bowles had committed to Arians just like I said he did. “Bowles, a source said, decided to keep his word to new Bucs head coach Bruce Arians, for whom he’d worked in Arizona and played at Temple, despite the temptation to join a defense that was ranked No. 1 by most metrics last season. Bowles considers Arians a father figure. Nagy’s close friendship wasn’t enough for Bowles to go back on his pledge to coach with his mentor.” This work for you Cheese?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose