Light Show

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else do a Christmas display for the holiday? I don't mean just putting up lights but I mean using light controllers, programming the lights to your music etc?

Am I the only one crazy enough to spend that kind of cake on the equipment and lights? Some people drink, some smoke, some collect things. I spend money each year on my lights and equipment. My street is actually really good about decorating.

I have a blast with it but the wife gives me grief each year because it's an expensive hobby. I don't go Christmas Light Fight crazy by any means. My setup is more humble and much more low key. I live at the foothills in my neighborhood and I don't want to light up the entire mountain side. I just have fun with it.

Anybody else do this a hobby? I don't recommend it for one second unless you have some disposable income, a ton of patience and can deal with mind numbing hours of programming each year even if you change one thing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even have lights out this year. We did a tree though. I bought one of the laser cheat things but haven't even put that out.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even have lights out this year. We did a tree though. I bought one of the laser cheat things but haven't even put that out.

I think the last two years everybody bought those laser things. I have seen them everywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want buy all new lights and my old lights have dead spots and etc so I just went the lazy route.

Every since start d buying LED I have not had nearly as many problems as those old incandescent strands. Plus it’s cheaper to run them. I get the not wanting to do all that work though.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't, but have wanted to. Mostly just to sync the light to trans siberian orchestra. I love seeing lights synced to that.

My neighborhood is kinda sparse with lights this year.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't, but have wanted to. Mostly just to sync the light to trans siberian orchestra. I love seeing lights synced to that.

My neighborhood is kinda sparse with lights this year.

I have Christmas Cannon and Wizards in Winter on mine.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm sure your lights are absolutely spectacular Covert! Do your thing. Just dont ruin it by blasting the music that I'm sure they use to torture prisoners in Guantanamo Bay. :p

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure your lights are absolutely spectacular Covert! Do your thing. Just dont ruin it by blasting the music that I'm sure they use to torture prisoners in Guantanamo Bay. :p
ahem:
I have Christmas Cannon and Wizards in Winter on mine.

:D :D :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok the Christmas Canon one is fine. I like it, it's more of what I want out of Christmas music and that's totally personal preference... I just absolutely can't stand the synthesizers, guitar solos and soaring riffs like in Ding go the Bells and the first one you posted. Horrible! (IMO) Gag....

I my defense, I also hate Metal music and most hard rock so yeah,,, extended guitar riffs are not really my thing. When I think Christmas I think "oh holy night" not Dream Theater...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok the Christmas Canon one is fine. I like it, it's more of what I want out of Christmas music and that's totally personal preference... I just absolutely can't stand the synthesizers, guitar solos and soaring riffs like in Ding go the Bells and the first one you posted. Horrible! (IMO) Gag....

I my defense, I also hate Metal music and most hard rock so yeah,,, extended guitar riffs are not really my thing. When I think Christmas I think "oh holy night" not Dream Theater...
So do you like traditional versions of Carol of the Bells? (aka "Ding go the bells")

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol I like the guitar soloing rock and roll Christmas tune whatever it is

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson