Liability Alert: K Jay Feely & LT Levi Brown

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I'm hoping by the time im posting this that free agent K Havard Rugland is in the building. Honestly who here honestly felt "confident" that Jay Feely would make that 50yd FG before halftime. That was a momentum dagger- IMO

LT Levi Brown is clearly not a LT. There has to be a back-up player on one of the other 31 teams that the Cardinals can trade for OR a practice squad player with some upside that can come in and compete at LT.

Lots of positives on offense yesterday especially at the QB/WR spot. Defensively this team has taken a step back under DC T.Bowles. I don't think I heard Dockett, Acho or Peterson's name called on defense all day. And for all the props I'll give BA for the offense- the 3rd & 2 wheel route call was a horrible call.

Go Cardinals!
@SheriffK9NJ

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
LT Levi Brown is clearly not a LT. There has to be a back-up player on one of the other 31 teams that the Cardinals can trade for OR a practice squad player with some upside that can come in and compete at LT.

As much as I want to agree with this statement, the sad state of the NFL dictates that Levi Brown would be coveted by some other teams believe it or not.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jay misses a 50 yard field goal, that's not really reason to panic. It's not like he missed 2 30 yarders. You can't just go trading for players after week one. Are we a LT away from being a playoff team? Doubtful. Yes, Levi was terrible Sunday, but we all knew he would be.

Looking at this board yesterday and today it's like everyone is in full panic mode. Slow down people.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jay misses a 50 yard field goal, that's not really reason to panic. It's not like he missed 2 30 yarders. You can't just go trading for players after week one. Are we a LT away from being a playoff team? Doubtful. Yes, Levi was terrible Sunday, but we all knew he would be.

Looking at this board yesterday and today it's like everyone is in full panic mode. Slow down people.

:thumbup:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm hoping by the time im posting this that free agent K Havard Rugland is in the building. Honestly who here honestly felt "confident" that Jay Feely would make that 50yd FG before halftime. That was a momentum dagger- IMO

Lots of positives on offense yesterday especially at the QB/WR spot. Defensively this team has taken a step back under DC T.Bowles. I don't think I heard Dockett, Acho or Peterson's name called on defense all day. And for all the props I'll give BA for the offense- the 3rd & 2 wheel route call was a horrible call.

Go Cardinals!
@SheriffK9NJ

I thought we played a good game today. Our receivers looked especially good which is probably a result of having a QB. The one play that I did not like both before it was run and after was the 3rd down near the end of the game when we tried to throw about a 15-20 yd pass over the defense when we only needed 3 yds for a fist down. We had been very successful with our short passes over the middle. If we make that first down I think we win the game. I still think we can win 8 or more games if our QB and receivers continue to play like they did. Roberts played like an all star. Fitz is an all star and our big TE from Notre Dame made a spectacular catch on the three. Our QB was upright most of the game and on target. Feeley missed a 50 yard er. That can happen to the best of them. That kicker of the RAMs looked like the best I have seen in a long time. I think every kick went into the end zone and only one was run out which should not have been. He has a 60 yd leg. Considering how many games are won and lost by 3 points I often wonder why kickers are not made a greater priority on draft day than they are. I sure liked that throw to Fitz that was high and over the shoulder in back of the end zone. Perfect placement with enough loft to not even let the defender lay a hand on it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, almost feel alone in my optimism!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Feely missed a 50 yard, why does everyone want his head on a plater? It was a good kick just a little right. Not every kicker will make a 50 yarder. Now Levi is another issue. Do all LTs need help with pass rush? Isn't the LT supposed to handle his job on his own, or do they always need help?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson not being mentioned is a good thing, he basically shut down their best WR but it didn't matter because the TE looked like the real Kellen Winslow against our LB's and safeties.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Feely has been doing this for a while now. You can't count on him to hit the long ones. A lot of kickers can't, but it sure would be nice to have one that could.

Levi sucks but I don't think we have a better option. Some backup on one of the other 31 teams isn't going to make much of a difference and might even be worse.

On at least 2 of his sacks, Quinn lined up wide and we didn't do anything to help. No chipping. No RB sliding over. I don't care who your LT is if the pass rusher lines up wide enough he's going to get around the tackle unless you send help.

The OLBs and Arenas on K/Os are just as big of liabilities as Levi/Feely if not bigger.

No pressure from the edge and they couldn't chase down a RB or TE to save their lives.

And Arenas taking the ball out from 7+ yards deep twice...If I was coach he'd lose his job after that. It's not hard to find someone who can return kicks.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good bump. Feeley deserves a lot of credit for this last game. Even the Rams game he was kicking off pretty damned good for a "noodle leg".

nationsrj

Veteran
Reaction score
I would say that Feely is fine on FGs and PATs, not so good on Kickoffs.
Last year he was 25/25 on PATs, 25/28 on FGs, the misses were from 40 yds at STL, a blocked FG at home against BUF, and a 47yd at Min.
He had 61 Kickoffs, 51 made the End Zone, and 29 were touchbacks. That seems to be worse to me than his work on FGs. I don't have any info on where the opponent started on the Kickoffs that were not touchbacks, so don't know if they were high enough for the team to cover the kicks before the 20 yard line or not.
Also, he made a 61yd FG and a 51yd FG. Only ones over 50yds I could find.
This year he has 12 Kickoffs, 10 made the End Zone, 8 were touchbacks,
Det had 1 runback that got to the Det 28, but penalty pushed it back to the Det 8.
STL had 3 runbacks, to the STL 24, STL 21, STL 19.
He is 5/5 on PATs, 5/6 on FGs with the 50 yard miss at STL.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Go Cardinals!
@SheriffK9NJ
Timmy - Feely is fine - he'll have his one or two games each season where he'll miss a chip shot or two, but the rest of the time he'll be rock solid.

I agree with you about Levi but I'm afraid we'll have to go to war with the dudes we've got. Either Sowell or even Massie or Potter will have to prove they're better for us than Levi, or we'll just have to live with Levi with additional help from a RB or TE.

(OT: Tim - As I post this, I have Rutgers vs. E Michigan on DVR and just watched James take it to the house in the 2H).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump! Some crow must be eaten! Feeley is just a free asking money kicker the last 2 seasons running!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Bump! Some crow must be eaten! Feeley is just a free asking money kicker the last 2 seasons running!

The biggest plate of crow should be consumed by those who thought Levi was even average;)

I said the Cards would be better off without Levi Clown & I was right on! Those Nawlins voodoo dolls do work :p

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest plate of crow should be consumed by those who thought Levi was even average;)

I said the Cards would be better off without Levi Clown & I was right on! Those Nawlins voodoo dolls do work :p

:mulli:

Don't get off topic jerk :p

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'll eat some. Usually when a kicker breaks down mentally and can't kick in the clutch, he doesn't come back from it. And Feely had definitely broken down and was not at all clutch. Seems like he is one of the few that come back. And that is friggin' awesome!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$$$$

Glad we didn't cut that guy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member