Level of interest in acquiring Zach Ertz?

Zach Ertz acquisition interest level?

• Very High

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • High

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Moderate

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Slight

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • None

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
How much interest do you have in the Eagles tight end as a potential Cardinal (he is due an $8.5 million salary this season)?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Put me in the very high catagory. He is only 30 and just one non COVID year removed from 88 catches for 916 yards. He gives us the sort of tall target Kyler needs for over the middle throws.
You know I think this is an aspect people are forgetting. Fitz and Arnold got us those over the middle tough catches we needed.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I saw an ESPN article with speculative trades and saw a hypothetical Ertz/Hicks swap... that makes a lot of sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know I think this is an aspect people are forgetting. Fitz and Arnold got us those over the middle tough catches we needed.

Well and more precisely when he doesn't set his feet he sails the ball high. That might also have to do with his release angle to get over the linemen.

In either case I saw it enough to see we need a guy in the middle that can high point the ball. Ertz has always had excellent hands and has a huge catch radius.

I care less about Yards After the Catch than the ball going off fingertips and into the arms of a defender.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we didn’t want pay Arnold and some say we don’t use the TE anyway. So I don’t see us paying Ertz 8m a year.

Jesse James could be “ just a guy” who we don’t really use for 2m or less.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Well we didn’t want pay Arnold and some say we don’t use the TE anyway. So I don’t see us paying Ertz 8m a year.

Jesse James could be “ just a guy” who we don’t really use for 2m or less.
True

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If we can trade Hicks may as well he gonna be cut too... don’t have to compete off waivers
Agree. Why compete in free agency when we can just take his rights.
If we do the hicks deal the money is negligible

if he plays injury free he can easily give us more production than Arnold.... likely absorbs all the targets from Arnold and Fitzgerald both....

if he doesn’t work out? Hell.... cut him next off season and draft a guy

but at least he is a good enough player with a big enough reputation to see if Kyler and kingsberry will actually even use a TE

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to some posters hicks is a net negative.

I've seen several fan groups advocating for trading for Hicks including Eagles and Saints.

I don't think Hicks is what he once was, but I also think he would improve a lot back in a 4-3.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think I'd rather see us kick the tires on Hayden Hurst if we wanted to trade for a TE.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
at the right price -- Ertz would be a good addition

but: the contract isnt one i would want, especially if you have to trade to get it.

the rub is Ertz wanted a new deal -- i think we can assume not for less money.

so i dont know if you want to trade for a guy who thinks that $8mm a year isnt enough for him.

maybe things with current cap have changed his thinking (and, he is staring at $0 maybe if he gets released)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we can trade Hicks may as well he gonna be cut too... don’t have to compete off waivers

you are ignoring the salary cap implications. In no way is Ertz worth his contract.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've seen several fan groups advocating for trading for Hicks including Eagles and Saints.

I don't think Hicks is what he once was, but I also think he would improve a lot back in a 4-3.

Naw B. Hicks has lost a step significantly. He used to be fast.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are ignoring the salary cap implications. In no way is Ertz worth his contract.

Hicks is due for 6 million and Ertz 8 Million.... The salary cap implications are negligible at best. We still have almost 14 million in space.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose