Let's talk about trading down...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If I was to do a top 14. Not MY 14, just who I think will be gone by the 15th pick:
Burrow, Tua, Herbert
Lamb, Jeudy
Wirfs, Wills, Thomas
Okudah, Henderson
Brown, Kinlaw
Simmons
Probably Becton <-- Like Tunsil..... he will probably drop a bit but not a ton.

Those 13 are probably locks to be gone. On the fence but probably outside of top 13 are:
Ruggs, Jefferson
Jones
Chaisson
Love
McKinney
Fulton, Diggs

If we are back at 15...... That's what I see our pool looking like. Not super ugly, but not as enticing either.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ezra Cleveland
Josh Jones
Chaisson <-- But I like this kid
Epanessa <--Please god no.
Diggs

Chaisson is interesting. Saw an interview with him and he came off very cocky.

I could see him being very good, or a total bust, don't feel like he will have a middle ground.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I was to do a top 14. Not MY 14, just who I think will be gone by the 15th pick:
Burrow, Tua, Herbert
Lamb, Jeudy
Wirfs, Wills, Thomas
Okudah, Henderson
Brown, Kinlaw
Simmons

Those 13 are probably locks to be gone. On the fence but probably outside of top 13 are:
Ruggs, Jefferson
Jones
Chaisson
Love
McKinney
Fulton, Diggs

If we are back at 15...... That's what I see our pool looking like. Not super ugly, but not as enticing either.

Yeah, I think I see the top 14 picks the same way - and if that is what is left, I would take Ruggs or Chaisson - probably Ruggs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would move back if I was him. Plenty of talent in this draft and if you can get a nice haul for more opportunities, do it. Okudah, Henderson, Fulton, all quality cbs. But none are on par with true freshman derek stingley out of LSU.
Simmons is a athletic freak but if you watch the national champ game. He was the best MLB on his team, they guy who got ejected was much more of an impact player. Chase young was an absolute non factor vs Clemson vs the right and left tackle.

We assumed these guys are the best becuase they are always at the top of the draft. But there are no sure things.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Keim has notoriously been a bad drafter. I don't want to move out of the more talent rich areas of the draft for him to have an extra dart throw at the the fringe, or have the guys he targeted snapped out from under him. He's been outmaneuvered before, seemingly.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My #1 option is to stay at #8 and take an impact player like Simmons. If he is gone, I am 90% leaning toward trading down IF we can get a 2nd round pick (a 3rd is not worth it unless we are only moving down 1 or 2 spots).

Hopefully, teams will get desperate and compete with each other for the #8 spot but here is the trade value chart:

8th pick is worth 1,400

16th pick (Atlanta) - 1,000. They have a 2nd round pick (#47 worth 430). = 1,430
  • 5th round pick is typically in the 30 point range but we don't have one this year (maybe trade next years)?
15th pick (Denver) - 1,050. They have a 2nd round pick (#46 worth 440) - 1,490
  • We would probably have to return our 2nd 4th round pick (#131 worth 41) = 1,491

1. If we trade down to 15-16, who would you want/who do you think will be there?
  2. Who would you want to pick in 2nd round (@46-47)?
Going by Gil Brandt’s rankings

Ruggs and Madubuike.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that the rise of CJ Henderson as the clear two CB for many teams will make our pick a valuable trade spot. Jacksonville has a glaring need at CB and Atlanta has already been rumored trying to move up for him.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons is going to the type of player where an offense is going to have to account for him.

whether he lines up at safety, on a TE, in the middle or off the edge he will be a threat to make a play or allow a teammate to do so.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I see the top 14 picks the same way - and if that is what is left, I would take Ruggs or Chaisson - probably Ruggs.

I would tend to agree. At 15, the likes of Becton, Ruggs, Chaisson, Henderson or comparable talent make it much more palatable. And I think at least one of the 4 (or better) would be there.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Burrow, Tua, Herbert
Lamb, Jeudy
Wirfs, Wills, Thomas
Okudah, Henderson
Brown, Kinlaw
Simmons

Ruggs, Jefferson
Jones
Chaisson
Love
McKinney
Fulton, Diggs

If no player falls, the extra second isn't good enough to make this kind of call.

This guys already have big warts, IMHO already the 3 OT you mentioned have warts.

For me there are 11 players than the 3 OT and then your 9+ Becton in the top 24

But the draft, will have more or less this top 15
Burrow, Tua,Herbert,Love
Lamb, Jeudy
Okudah, Henderson
Young, Brown, Kinlaw
Simmons
Wirfs, Wills, Thomas

maybe somehow someone else can crack that list like Ruggs or McKinney but else, hard to envision it for now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If no player falls, the extra second isn't good enough to make this kind of call.

This guys already have big warts, IMHO already the 3 OT you mentioned have warts.

For me there are 11 players than the 3 OT and then your 9+ Becton in the top 24

But the draft, will have more or less this top 15
Burrow, Tua,Herbert,Love
Lamb, Jeudy
Okudah, Henderson
Young, Brown, Kinlaw
Simmons
Wirfs, Wills, Thomas

maybe somehow someone else can crack that list like Ruggs or McKinney but else, hard to envision it for now.
I actually agree.

I wouldn't be happy with any trade down scenario if it meant losing either Okudah, Simmons, or Wills. Period.

If those three are gone and we can move to 11 or 12..... Fine. Because we still probably get someone of top value. But this would not get us a 2nd except in a hold up level scenario. May happen..... who knows.

12 to 14 is a weird range in this draft. We would need a couple Daniel Jones level mistakes to occur for us to stay in the range of talent I would expect. Maybe Thomas, Wirfs, Ruggs or Brown is still there at that point. Who knows but you are doing some serious gambling so I would look for a 2nd and a 4th IMO.

After 14..... they will need to impress us. And one second rounder isn't impressive. A 2nd and 3rd this year. Two seconds (one next year) would be my baseline.

Honestly..... 15 to 20 seems like similar prospect levels but damn man..... I would want my pick of that litter at 15 over making a choice between Epanessa, Diggs, Jones, Cleveland, or the like. I may ask for next years #1 if we move back to 18 to 20.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually agree.

I wouldn't be happy with any trade down scenario if it meant losing either Okudah, Simmons, or Wills. Period.

If those three are gone and we can move to 11 or 12..... Fine. Because we still probably get someone of top value. But this would not get us a 2nd except in a hold up level scenario. May happen..... who knows.

12 to 14 is a weird range in this draft. We would need a couple Daniel Jones level mistakes to occur for us to stay in the range of talent I would expect. Maybe Thomas, Wirfs, Ruggs or Brown is still there at that point. Who knows but you are doing some serious gambling so I would look for a 2nd and a 4th IMO.

After 14..... they will need to impress us. And one second rounder isn't impressive. A 2nd and 3rd this year. Two seconds (one next year) would be my baseline.

Honestly..... 15 to 20 seems like similar prospect levels but damn man..... I would want my pick of that litter at 15 over making a choice between Epanessa, Diggs, Jones, Cleveland, or the like. I may ask for next years #1 if we move back to 18 to 20.
from 14 to 20 you need really a big compensation, the level drop is there because all top players and OT are gone. And yes from 18 on maybe a #1 next year has to be inside the realm of possible.

But overall, stay where you are and draft the best player that has the least risk of busting in the system of KK or for Joseph or an better DC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm a little worried about trading for future picks because we don't know what's going to happen with the upcoming seasons for the NFL and college. How does it sort out if no one plays this year and more eligibility is granted? If there's no 2020 NFL season, how do your 2021 needs look?

I feel like we could see a thinner draft pool next year compared to today.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I actually agree.

Hahaa you love ragging on Daniel Jones even though he’s going to be really good.