Let's talk about K'Lavon Chaisson

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m not talking about Hunter or Chaisson.

but if you think Hunter after being in the league 2 years is in the level of a Strahan then I honestly don’t know what to say

Hunter just finished his 5th season. He has 54.5 career sacks. In his first 5 seasons, Strahan had 32 sacks. I am extremely comfortable comparing Hunter favorably to Strahan.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Striker was damn good at Oklahoma damn good.

both to small to play serious years in the NFL In my opinion.

Small guys can thrive in the box in the NFL if they’re elite athletes or have elite traits: Polamalu, Zach Thomas, Darius Leonard, etc.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Small guys can thrive in the box in the NFL if they’re elite athletes or have elite traits: Polamalu, Zach Thomas, Darius Leonard, etc.

Sure but those are exceptions to the rule. Polamalu wasn’t a linebacker

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hunter just finished his 5th season. He has 54.5 career sacks. In his first 5 seasons, Strahan had 32 sacks. I am extremely comfortable comparing Hunter favorably to Strahan.

Strahan got off to a very slow start. We can visit this in 10 years if Hunter keeps it up

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
super fast but really small for the NFL level, he’s a tweener. 6’1 220ish. Reminds me a ton of Eric Striker from Oklahoma a few years back

size and him being able to hold up is my biggest concern about him
Thanks for your insight just really liked his instincts thought he was the best player on the defense games I watched.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
9.5 sacks in 3 years scares the heck out of me for a top 10 pick. I would really like to take a defensive player that dominated in college, at least in the first round. If this guy were a later round flyer, thats one thing...but to spend a first rounder on a guy with that little production is scary to me.
Thata not really the case. He missed almost his entire 2nd season with injury and was a part time player in his freshman year.

Hes a complete player that can rush the passer, stop the run and drop into coverage. Would be an instant impact player for the cards if drafted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I also am really starting to sour on the Sideline Speech Yeller types. It just reminds me too much of Jamies Winston, who I said from day 1 was a fraud, a thief, and a highly overrated FB players. Give me a QB with quiet confidence that will talk to his guys without trying to get it on camera...(KM)

Jersey 18
Jersey No. 18 was an LSU tradition established in 2003 when Quarterback Matt Mauck guided LSU to the National Championship. After Mauck's final season, he passed jersey No. 18 to running back Jacob Hester who helped LSU win the 2007 National Championship. The jersey became synonymous with success on and off the field as well as having a selfless attitude. Each season, a Tiger player is voted to wear the No. 18 jersey.

Junior center Lloyd Cushenberry and junior OLB K’lavon Chaisson have been awarded the prestigious uniform number; however, there’s a slight twist. Cushenberry likely will wear the No. 18 patch as opposed to the number on the uniform — o-linemen can’t technically wear No. 18. He wears No. 79.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chaisson is 6'3, 255. Hardly too small to play in the NFL.

He's also 20 years old, which means hes not even close to a finished product.

well it’s a good thing I wasn’t talking about Chaisson’s size huh

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Legit question...has there been a player (OLB/pass rusher only) in recent memory with Chaisson's skill set and lack of production (granted he was a freshman and then lost his entire soph season to ACL) who has been drafted in round 1? Curious as to the results.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Legit question...has there been a player (OLB/pass rusher only) in recent memory with Chaisson's skill set and lack of production (granted he was a freshman and then lost his entire soph season to ACL) who has been drafted in round 1? Curious as to the results.

Chandler didn't have great stats either

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Danielle Hunter.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
We have been talking about first rounder
Hunter has been selected in the 3th round
Yeaaaa,but the would be a top 3 pick if people knew how dominant we was gonna be in the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have been talking about first rounder
Hunter has been selected in the 3th round
That argument doesn't fly after last year. We took what we hope is Russell Wilson #1 overall. Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That argument doesn't fly after last year. We took what we hope is Russell Wilson #1 overall. Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

The question was:

TheCardFan said:
Legit question...has there been a player (OLB/pass rusher only) in recent memory with Chaisson's skill set and lack of production (granted he was a freshman and then lost his entire soph season to ACL) who has been drafted in round 1? Curious as to the results

As I know was Chandler who collected just 10 sacks in 3 seasons being full time starter
Chandler Jones was a first round pick

Hunter wasn't a first rounder

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dion Jordan had suspect production and went top 5

I don’t like draft guys in round 1 who are projects. Well this guy could turn into this or in a few years this guy could be types scare me in round 1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Leonard Floyd to the Bears

Barkavious Mingo to the Browns

checked all the boxes except production (sacks really)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched every LSU game and this dude did NOTHING all year and then blew up in the playoff.

take away 2 sacks and 8 tackles from the playoff and he finishes the season with 52 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

and guys think he’s a big time pass rusher? How...how Sway!!!

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I watched every LSU game and this dude did NOTHING all year and then blew up in the playoff.

take away 2 sacks and 8 tackles from the playoff and he finishes the season with 52 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

and guys think he’s a big time pass rusher? How...how Sway!!!

Fair. I think the counterargument would be that he was coming off an ACL injury that he suffered in first game the year before. It takes at least a year (so they say) to fully recover from an injury like that.

The question is was his production the last 4-5 games a fluke or was he finally healthy?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose