Let's talk about Andrew Thomas

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You were banging the drum for Epenesa and Wirfs.

You and I debated that Epenesa wasn't worthy (not a scheme fit) for us at #8 and that Wills was better than Wirfs. Now you are on Wills (nice change of your profile pic too).

It's ok dude...you come around eventually.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Son, that was 3 months ago.

Opinions can change. You know that, right?

I still like Wirfs just as much as I love Wills. Doesn’t matter who we take. I like both.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Thomas is the safest pick at tackle. A nice single down the 1B line. I like him in a trade back over say Ruggs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I put Becton ahead of Wirfs.

Becton has elite size and used it in college to dominate people
Wirfs has elite athleticism but didn't use it to dominate people

They both have technique issues that need to be resolved but Wirfs had better coaching.

I have seen Becton play LT and RT.
Wirfs has only played RT and couldn't beat out Alaric Jackson even though they both started playing at the same time (2017) and played for three years together. Usually, you put your best OT on the left side. Except for Wills, who was protecting a left handed QB.

I think Becton's upside is much larger and bust potential is about the same/to slightly smaller. You can't teach size and athleticism.

Size is pretty much all Becton has his technique is horrible and to think he’s going to push around NFL defensive lineman like he did college players is unrealistic. Becton is a 2-3 year project

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s make him any more Pro-Ready than Wills?

Thomas was all American at RT and LT.

I like Wills but Alabama lineman scare me. They produce first round high profile picks all the time name new the last one that turned out great. Warmack, Barret Jones, Jonah Williams, Fluker, Kynjough(spelling) none of them have panned out

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thomas was all American at RT and LT.

I like Wills but Alabama lineman scare me. They produce first round high profile picks all the time name new the last one that turned out great. Warmack, Barret Jones, Jonah Williams, Fluker, Kynjough(spelling) none of them have panned out
Freshman All American

Kind of unfair to lump Jonah Williams with that group. Lets judge him once he plays a down.

And to answer your question, Ryan Kelly.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Watch the difference in how Wills moves and positions his body versus Thomas.

There is unequivocally a huge difference there. Wills just has much better technique.

The NFL is a passing league. Take the better pass blocker.
Again I agree.

I liked some of the run blocking I saw from Wills Too. In one of the clips he double teams with a line partner and then slips off to get a hand on the linebacker. Again that takes a feel for how long to stay with the initial block but still have the ability to get to the linebacker. Neither block was amazing but both were effective.

We haven't really had offensive lineman capable of executing that move. But when I saw Wills get to the linebacker I thought of Drake running behind him and getting into the heart of defenses. When I watch Wills I see no wasted movement, always in the right position, always effective.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Freshman All American

Kind of unfair to lump Jonah Williams with that group. Lets judge him once he plays a down.

And to answer your question, Ryan Kelly.

naming 1 isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement when you can name a million who have been drafted and haven’t panned out. pretty much holds up my argument. Wills is fine I just don’t trust Alabama lineman

Saban runs those guys into the ground.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
naming 1 isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement when you can name a million who have been drafted and haven’t panned out. pretty much holds up my argument. Wills is fine I just don’t trust Alabama lineman

Saban runs those guys into the ground.
You said name the “last” one. I just did that.

Only thing Wills has in common with those other guys is that he played for Alabama.

If I was a Cowboys fan, I wouldn’t want to draft LSU CBs anymore since the last one we drafted(Mo Claiborne) was a huge bust.

Yea, no.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You said name the “last” one. I just did that.

Only thing Wills has in common with those other guys is that he played for Alabama.

If I was a Cowboys fan, I wouldn’t want to draft LSU CBs anymore since the last one we drafted(Mo Claiborne) was a huge bust.

Yea, no.

stop I named a whole bunch and you named 1. LSU can name a bunch of DB’s who’ve had success kind of not the same thing

but that was a good try

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But then again, I remember you saying Dont’a Hightower & Kevin Minter were the same player so I’ll just stop wasting my time.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Becton is at the bottom of the 1st round OTs in my book.

Also, position versatility matters. That’d why Thomas and Wirfs are above Wills in my book.

Wills is a RT and RT only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave