Let’s do some QB hot takes thru week-2…

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
- Brady is going to break the single-season TD pass record

- Carr is going to break the single-season passing yard record

- Big Ben is completely toast (why didn’t they trade for Minshew?)

- Atlanta made a mistake not drafting at QB

- Wentz is damaged goods (not a hot take)

- Tua looks broken

- Zach Wilson will bust b/c of the situation

- Thank God the 49ers traded their entire future for Trey Lance instead of a 2nd rounder for Darnold

- Going be a market correction year for Josh Allen

- Goff will be one & done in Detroit

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
- Brady is going to break the single-season TD pass record

- Carr is going to break the single-season passing yard record

- Big Ben is completely toast (why didn’t they trade for Minshew?)

- Atlanta made a mistake not drafting at QB

- Wentz is damaged goods (not a hot take)

- Tua looks broken

- Zach Wilson will bust b/c of the situation

- Thank God the 49ers traded their entire future for Trey Lance instead of a 2nd rounder for Darnold

- Going be a market correction year for Josh Allen

- Goff will be one & done in Detroit
Brady...Not sure he gets over 55, but may be close. I think at some point he may start getting pulled in blowouts, down the stretch. i also think they may work on running game as the season progresses.

Carr...Definitely has a shot, if Ruggs keeps developing.

Big Ben...He's not toast, if they game manage him. He has to buy into that, though.

ATL...Definitely!

Wentz...He's just not protecting himself. The Colts OLine, which has been good in the recent past, hasn't been doing him any favors. If he misses a game or 2 with the ankles, he needs to spend about 5 hours a day, just watching TB12 throw the ball away, to live and fight another down.

Tua...Agree, he will be fragile.

Zach Wilson...To early for me, to call him a bust. Even in NY.

49ers...Shanny should have stuck with his gut and drafted Mac. He let himself get talked out of it and I think he will regret it.

Josh Allen...I don't know about market correction. He may not put up yards, but his TD's and other stats will be fine. He may just be maturing, to know that he doesn't need to throw the ball like it's the last play of the game, every down.

Goff...Not so sure. He may be one and done, if the Lions don't want him, but I don't think he'll bail on them on his own accord. I think he's a little broken, mentally, from his Rams experience. You could see last night he was afraid to pull the trigger on some downfield passes and instead went shorter. He needs a complete mental reset.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Brady...Not sure he gets over 55, but may be close. I think at some point he may start getting pulled in blowouts, down the stretch. i also think they may work on running game as the season progresses.

Carr...Definitely has a shot, if Ruggs keeps developing.

Big Ben...He's not toast, if they game manage him. He has to buy into that, though.

ATL...Definitely!

Wentz...He's just not protecting himself. The Colts OLine, which has been good in the recent past, hasn't been doing him any favors. If he misses a game or 2 with the ankles, he needs to spend about 5 hours a day, just watching TB12 throw the ball away, to live and fight another down.

Tua...Agree, he will be fragile.

Zach Wilson...To early for me, to call him a bust. Even in NY.

49ers...Shanny should have stuck with his gut and drafted Mac. He let himself get talked out of it and I think he will regret it.

Josh Allen...I don't know about market correction. He may not put up yards, but his TD's and other stats will be fine. He may just be maturing, to know that he doesn't need to throw the ball like it's the last play of the game, every down.

Goff...Not so sure. He may be one and done, if the Lions don't want him, but I don't think he'll bail on them on his own accord. I think he's a little broken, mentally, from his Rams experience. You could see last night he was afraid to pull the trigger on some downfield passes and instead went shorter. He needs a complete mental reset.

Brady never sits and they don’t run the ball in the RZ. With the 17-game schedule and their pass catchers I think he breaks it. Brady looks precise as ever.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deshaun Watson will have a difficult time getting a massage anywhere in Houston.
Well that’s actually funny, there are plenty of Masseuse willing to take the money he’s offering even if he does want the extra services guarantee. Sad but true

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Brady never sits and they don’t run the ball in the RZ. With the 17-game schedule and their pass catchers I think he breaks it. Brady looks precise as ever.
17 games means asterisk time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s your take on Hurts?

Good runner, throws a beautiful deep ball but seems like the rest of his game is behind. he's like the basketball player that can dunk and make the 3 but has no midrange. Watched some of them against SF made several nice deep throws including one to Watkins and one to my guy Jalen Reagor for a TD that got called back because Reagor had been bumped out of bounds and hadn't re established before the catch.

But several times on replay they showed us someone wide open that Hurts didn't see, especially the TE Goedert. If this continues look for Goedert to challenge Hurts to a cage match because he was really angry a couple of times coming back to the huddle because he was open and Hurts ran instead. Has the talent but he has a real tendency to make one read and then drop his head and look to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA