Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, that would be a horrific move for the Seahawks.

I am not a Darnold believer at all. How many QB's suck their first 3 seasons and then suddenly turn it around? I can't think of any.
Didn't Eli Manning suck for his 1st 4 to 5 seasons?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chicago trying to sign somebody...anybody at QB. The Bears were in for Jamesis Winston's services.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, that would be a horrific move for the Seahawks.

I am not a Darnold believer at all. How many QB's suck their first 3 seasons and then suddenly turn it around? I can't think of any.
Steve Young?:shrug:
He sucked for 2, not three but yeah.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A lot of these guys are way overpaid.
Linsley and Thuney got LT money
WRs and TEs are way overpriced.
Lawson, Dupree, Floyd, etc.
Patriots blowing money.
I think Keim is smart holding it in and waiting for the dust to settle.
Missed on Linsley but that contract by the chargers is outrageous
I'm pretty sure the 2nd tier receivers and 2nd tier edge players will have good value.
CBs are really quiet, no rumors on PP or Reddick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patriots blowing money.
I'm pretty sure the 2nd tier receivers and 2nd tier edge players will have good value.

someone posts this every year. Which year in the last five did Keim’s “smarts” actually lead to the playoffs? Even a winning record?

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
someone posts this every year. Which year in the last five did Keim’s “smarts” actually lead to the playoffs? Even a winning record?
Reality is the cards have to overpay to attract premier free agents.
Even if the bank is blown still does not guarantee a SB. Might guarantee a playoff spot but not a SB.
It won't change unless we are a perennial playoff contender then maybe FAs would take a discount to come to the desert.
The NFC west is a tough division. Just hoping Russell Wilson moves out, Garrapolo stays, Watson doesn't arrive and Stafford is no better than Goff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Patriots blowing money.
I love this. Every year someone is stuck in 1995 salaries and happy when we “saved money” to sign one-year aged/injured stopgaps instead of say the top center for five years so we can quit worrying about that position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These threads are awesome. Same people crying on this board no matter what is or isn’t happening lol. Looking around at how grossly overpaid so many of today’s “tamperees” were, I’m glad we didn’t getting sucked into the spending.
You’re right. So glad we didn’t solve our interior offensive line issues with a top rated player. Smart!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These threads are awesome. Same people crying on this board no matter what is or isn’t happening lol. Looking around at how grossly overpaid so many of today’s “tamperees” were, I’m glad we didn’t getting sucked into the spending.

totally. This strategy by Keim every year in FA has worked like gangbusters for the last five seasons!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love this. Every year someone is stuck in 1995 salaries and happy when we “saved money” to sign one-year aged/injured stopgaps instead of say the top center for five years so we can quit worrying about that position.
This sky is falling stuff you two are drowning the board with hours into the tampering period cant be rationalized so don’t try lol. Get some sleep and let’s see how it works out. Teams don’t win or lose games on the opening drive.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
totally. This strategy by Keim every year in FA has worked like gangbusters for the last five seasons!
Keim did exactly what you’re advocating for, went out and signed Pugh and Bradford, who were both rated in the top couple of their respective positional groups, in ‘18 lol. :championship: I get that you’re going to flip everything around, no matter how ridiculously senseless it is, to blame Keim any chance you get. That’s fine. Sometimes though (like this time) it’s just funny. The highest paid free agents rarely ever come close to working out. That’s proven time and time again every year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Patriots blowing money.

Like Rod Graves "keeping our powder dry" eh? So cagey to try something that fails to fill our gaping roster holes with top talent. What a cunning plan!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't want Matt Prater.

He made 75% of his FG's last year and only 92% of XP's. His lowest for 10 years.

Zane made 73% of FG's and 97% of XP's and people haven't stopped dinging him.

Why would we want a 36 year old on the way down with an almost identical (if not worse) record last year than a 25 year old on the way up?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't want Matt Prater.

He made 75% of his FG's last year and only 92% of XP's. His lowest for 10 years.

Zane made 73% of FG's and 97% of XP's and people haven't stopped dinging him.

Why would we want a 36 year old on the way down with an almost identical (if not worse) record last year than a 25 year old on the way up?

I don't know, looks like Keim still fascinated by old players who are just passed their prime, didn't learn the lessons

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Definition of a good organization versus a bad organization:
NE targets the players they want that fill their needs/holes in free agency and get them signed. Cardinals re-sign Markus Golden. I don't mind the Golden signing but there were/are players out there to fill holes and upgrade the Cardinals and nothing was done.

I know someone is going to post, well it was just day 1. My response, day 1 is when the players in demand are signed. Any team can wait until day 3-4 and sign an Alex Mack, John Ross, or bring back a Hassan Reddick, who, like I thought, does not have the strong market people predicted and is about the 7-10 edge player in demand.

Hell, even the Bengals made a splash to sign a DE.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keim did exactly what you’re advocating for, went out and signed Pugh and Bradford, who were both rated in the top couple of their respective positional groups, in ‘18 lol. :championship: I get that you’re going to flip everything around, no matter how ridiculously senseless it is, to blame Keim any chance you get. That’s fine. Sometimes though (like this time) it’s just funny. The highest paid free agents rarely ever come close to working out. That’s proven time and time again every year.

I remember the year the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl, the same overreaction crowd did the same thing.

This is an EVERY YEAR occurrence. Every year. Every single damn year they freak out day one of free agency and go all chicken little.

It would be funny to go back and see all of the players they got mad that the Cardinals didn't sign that became huge busts. The free agency hit percentage is like THIRTY PERCENT. That means the vast majority of these guys won't work out.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember the year the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl, the same overreaction crowd did the same thing.

This is an EVERY YEAR occurrence. Every year. Every single damn year they freak out day one of free agency and go all chicken little.

It would be funny to go back and see all of the players they got mad that the Cardinals didn't sign that became huge busts. The free agency hit percentage is like THIRTY PERCENT. That means the vast majority of these guys won't work out.

I'm not d disappointed, there are still players left who can contribute
The only concern is the lack of speed in our front seven
When u see then opponents get first down easily cause Hicks golden and other guys can't chase anyone

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'll be mad if after free agency we don't sign guys who at least have shown they can consistently start at league average level at WR, CB and IOL. Sure I'd love for us to make a day 1 splash signing but it's impossible to judge the success of free agency after 1 day.

It sure would just be a lot nicer if we had promising young guys the team drafted sitting there waiting for their chance but the franchise has just been poor at the draft for far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose