Lebron to Suns Trade that Makes Sense (but would never, ever happen)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Suns get:

Lebron
Salary filler

Heat get:
Nash
Dud
Gortat
a pick?

Suns blow it up and get a superstar to build around, Heat get a much better "team".

Imagine a lineup of:

Nash
Wade
Dud
Bosh
Gortat

Along with guys like Anthony, Miller, Chalmers, Haslem on the bench. That's a team that wins multiple championships.

For the Suns, they get the biggest name in the game, and hope for the future.

I realize that it will never happen, but would be very interesting to see and would definitely benefit both teams.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love it if that happened.. Suns get LBJ? Whooohooo.. Sign me up!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They could probably throw in Carter Childress and Frye and get Wade and Bosh too. Miami would be able to buy out Carter which would allow them to sign some elite free agents who would most likely love to play with Nash.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
This trade would ensure that LeBron would never win a championship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude... if they're going to trade LeBron, they could almost CERTAINLY get a MUCH better package than Nash (who dominates the ball), Dudley and Gortat. They could probably get Howard/Jameer Nelson... or Bynum/Odom... or Rudy Gay/Marc Gasol...

Nash/Gortat would make zero sense for them... they'd be getting REALLY old and a PG who absolutely needs the ball in his hands at all times to be successful... which would take away considerably from Wade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's a pretty good Miami team and wins several championships if Wade and Nash stay healthy and neither age. Given the impossibility of the latter and the unlikelihood of the former, I'd say that's probably a pretty bad deal for the Heat. All they really get out of it is a solid center in Gortat and a little bench strength plus the occasional but steadily diminishing flair of greatness from Nash.

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's a pretty good Miami team and wins several championships if Wade and Nash stay healthy and neither age. Given the impossibility of the latter and the unlikelihood of the former, I'd say that's probably a pretty bad deal for the Heat. All they really get out of it is a solid center in Gortat and a little bench strength plus the occasional but steadily diminishing flair of greatness from Nash.

Steve
:fans:

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Steve

Probably so, perhaps our futile situation has affected my reason. There would more than likely be better options out there, but I believe that Miami team would be a bear to deal with.

For whatever reason, whether it be Gentry or DA, Suns coaches refuse to recognize that Nash is all world in the first half of the season, and continually deteriorates as the year goes on due to overuse. I realize that his backup PG options have been dreadful, but with a competent backup and judicious doling out of minutes, I could see Nash being effective through a whole year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably so, perhaps our futile situation has affected my reason. There would more than likely be better options out there, but I believe that Miami team would be a bear to deal with.

For whatever reason, whether it be Gentry or DA, Suns coaches refuse to recognize that Nash is all world in the first half of the season, and continually deteriorates as the year goes on due to overuse. I realize that his backup PG options have been dreadful, but with a competent backup and judicious doling out of minutes, I could see Nash being effective through a whole year.

I always used to blame this situation on the coach but comments from Gentry in the 09/10 season started me wondering. It seems like Steve pretty much gets to set his own rotation regardless of what the coach wants. Gentry made several comments last season about wanting Nash to rest more but the guy insisted on playing.

Maybe if we traded Nash to an organization where he would no longer be the fair-haired child, some coach could actually get him to take days off and keep his minutes down when he does play. When he's at his best, he's still one of the best in the game even with his below average defense.

Actually, I'm not only in favor of trading Nash, I'm all for trading every asset we have including the 13th pick. I'd send everything of value away for future draft picks and sign undrafted rookies or NBDL guys for a year or two. We'd absolutely be the worst team in the league (perhaps, worst team ever) but maybe we'll get lucky and one of those horrible years will just be on paper (lockout year) and then with 4 or 5 extra 1st round picks in addition to our own lottery picks, we could be like OKC in 3 or 4 years.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What would the Suns want with James? I thought this board was obsessed with winning championships. It's not like he could ever be surrounded by a better supporting cast in Phoenix than he had in Cleveland or Miami.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would the Suns want with James? I thought this board was obsessed with winning championships. It's not like he could ever be surrounded by a better supporting cast in Phoenix than he had in Cleveland or Miami.
Instead of an aging Nash and whoever else on the roster? Really?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I say after that trade for a cloning machine Jurrasic Park Style and Clone Michael Jordan two of them! Imagine a team of 2 jordans and Lebron on the Suns!!! Dynasty!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm simply amazed that this thread got to two pages. I guess it shouldn't surprise me when this thread: Not even kinda close! (Jordan and Rose) (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8) reaches 8 pages

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tongue in cheek no?

No, I'm serious. I don't think that James can be the best player on a championship team. Had the Heat won, it would have been behind Wade, not James. Most of this board wants the Suns to get on with the business of sucking as soon as possible, so that they can maybe luck into a couple of draft miracles. Trading the engine of the offense and two of the team's best role players for James, with no way to bring in significant additional talent, would absolutely doom the Suns to 50-and-fade for the forseeable future -- by which time James's contract would be up and he'd want to leave anyway.

Acquiring James, even if it were possible, would not be a move for the future. It would merely postpone the inevitable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I'm serious. I don't think that James can be the best player on a championship team. Had the Heat won, it would have been behind Wade, not James. Most of this board wants the Suns to get on with the business of sucking as soon as possible, so that they can maybe luck into a couple of draft miracles. Trading the engine of the offense and two of the team's best role players for James, with no way to bring in significant additional talent, would absolutely doom the Suns to 50-and-fade for the forseeable future -- by which time James's contract would be up and he'd want to leave anyway.

Acquiring James, even if it were possible, would not be a move for the future. It would merely postpone the inevitable.

I agree with elindholm on this one. I don't think James can be your top player either unless you are one of the deepest teams in the NBA. I mean from the starting 5 all the way though the bench. Also, think about how crazy the trade scenario is above just to get James.

You would have to bring in another Tier 1 superstar to play along side James to have a shot. Do you really think the Suns could get that done? Hell no.

I mean I wouldn't throw-up if we got the guy because he is still one of the best players in the league. If you can get a guy like that great. However, just getting James wouldn't mean the Suns are a lock to win a title. How could it be if he couldn't get it done with Wade (who was great) and Bosh???

Last edited:

chickenhead

Reaction score
I do think the Suns could get it done (in theory of course). If Wade can get James and Bosh to join him in Miami, why couldn't James get one other star to join him in Phoenix? It may not be South Beach, but it's nothing to sneeze at. And as much as most of us don't like LeBron, that may not hold true for other players. Especially ones who will love the media attention it brings to them.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think the Suns could get it done (in theory of course). If Wade can get James and Bosh to join him in Miami, why couldn't James get one other star to join him in Phoenix? It may not be South Beach, but it's nothing to sneeze at. And as much as most of us don't like LeBron, that may not hold true for other players. Especially ones who will love the media attention it brings to them.

Slightly different scenario. LeBron Joined Wade and Bosh came along with him. It was unofficial collusion. It was LeBron and Bosh who was going to Wade. What Superstars have gone out of their way to play with Lebron? I don't think Bosh follows Lebron to just any team. Wade had much to do with his decision.

The Suns would literally have to entice another Superstar to come. It's not a big market team and they won't have anybody to trade to get another one.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with elindholm on this one. I don't think James can be your top player either unless you are one of the deepest teams in the NBA. I mean from the starting 5 all the way though the bench. Also, think about how crazy the trade scenario is above just to get James.

You would have to bring in another Tier 1 superstar to play along side James to have a shot. Do you really think the Suns could get that done? Hell no.

I mean I wouldn't throw-up if we got the guy because he is still one of the best players in the league. If you can get a guy like that great. However, just getting James wouldn't mean the Suns are a lock to win a title. How could it be if he couldn't get it done with Wade (who was great) and Bosh???

And I heard this same BS about Wilt AND Jordan. Wilt was all about the individual stats and could never be part of a championship team. Jordan was great individually but he didn't know how to make his team better. James WILL win a championship, probably 3 or 4 and we'll be stuck with hearing the Lebron is King crap all over again and I don't know what I dread more - listening to the "he can't win it all" group or the "he's the greatest ever" gang.

Despite all the razzing James is taking, if Dirk had played at a level that was anything less than incredible, Lebron would have already earned a ring. I think you guys are missing the obvious, this was one Hell of a performance by a very good Dallas team. This Heat squad is better than several of the teams that have won it all in the past and there's no reason to believe they won't continue to improve.

Steve

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I heard this same BS about Wilt AND Jordan.

People said at the start of his career that Jordan didn't have a complete game and was nothing more then a glorified scorer. Nobody was calling him the best player in the league at that point in his career and the Bulls were not contending. Bird at that time even mentioned how Jordan had to change his game.

In contrast everybody was already saying LeBron was the best player in the league and his team was already contending.

So, when I made my statement, I was making it comparing the junctions in their careers where both were considered "the best" and both were on contending teams.

Nobody was saying that about Jordan like they are LeBron at similar stages in their careers.

I think you guys are missing the obvious, this was one Hell of a performance by a very good Dallas team. This Heat squad is better than several of the teams that have won it all in the past and there's no reason to believe they won't continue to improve.

Steve

I agree one hell of a series by Dallas. That doesn't excuse the poor outing by a player that was almost universally considered the best player in basketball. Can you name another time that the best player in basketball made in the finals and didn't perform for most of the series?? Even if you can..it's very rare.

Last edited: